Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

10K Developer Commitment

Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 10K Developer Commitment

I wouldn't be concerned about BlackBerry's ablity to pay out. The BFB program was so messed up at the deadline that there are likely less then 20 developers that even qualified under the program. Once you discount those that made over $10,000 and those that made under $1,000 they are probably only paying to two people...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Who's the other one then? ;-)

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

Actually post here if you feel you did make all the deadlines and fall under this commitment, no need to give the revenue unless you want to. Although it might be helpful to put either, under, over or in.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
bcs925
My Device: PlayBook, DA B, DA C, LE Z10 #102, Q10, Z30
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have a few BFB apps, only 1 falls under the 10k program (Dive Plan). I haven't checked in a while but last time I did I was on pace to make just under $1000 by March. :smileysad:

It's a shame that I didn't make Visual Connection in time for 10k because that has made over 1k but less 10k. So here's to hoping I make 10k on that one by March just so I feel better :smileyhappy:

---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

My Built for BlackBerry app: The Dive Plan
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

[ Edited ]

@bcs925 thanks for posting, yes I remember your posts at the time around your app, best of luck, well that's two, any more?

[Edit] I guess you would be expecting, if not then at least now, the uptake to be low on a niche product in a small market.

Please use plain text.
Developer
bcs925
My Device: PlayBook, DA B, DA C, LE Z10 #102, Q10, Z30
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I started writing Dive Plan Aug2012 and finished v1 in December2012 (made a few updates since). So the goal was never really for the 10k commitment. It was more so that I thought it was odd that there were no dive apps for BBOS so I figured I'd make sure there was one for BB10 when it came out.

I admit that I haven't done much updating (there are some features I wish to add) and/or promoting of the app lately to try to get more sales to reach the 1k minimum. I honestly thought BB10 would be more popular, not huge like iOS/Android, but at least 2x bigger than the roughly 5million devices there are said to be out in the wild. If that was the case, niche apps would be big enough.

Another one I know that met the 10k commitment deadline was Space TV (dev is a friend of mine). I believe he's on pace to make over 1k but less than 10k. It's a niche app, bigger than diving but still a niche (space lovers). Plus he got a nice promotion from Alec during Jam Americas keynote... lucky :smileytongue:

---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

My Built for BlackBerry app: The Dive Plan
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

I think we all expected it to be more popular.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

The 10K would have probably been reached if the market was better. Sales have dropped off so much in the last few months, it is not worth getting excited about the monthly checks. PlayBook revenue was better then this.

I too cannot imagine BB not honoring this. If they dont, it would be the last straw for many.

It will probably come down to what the total payout will be. They can control it and easily increase sales for an app by featuring it.
Please use plain text.