Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

10K Developer Commitment

Contributor
brew1
My Device: playbook 16 gig
Accepted Solution

Air + scoreloop

It looks like scoreloop is required for games in the 10K developer commitment?

And it looks like scoreloop does not work with AIR SDK yet unless you write your own Air Native Extension?

Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

Re: Air + scoreloop

It looks like.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
Contributor
analytik
My Device: Q10

Regardless of 10k commitment, I would like to see Scoreloop AIR integration supported by RIM. Can I please get any comment from RIM if this is in plans? Or if AIR games can get an exception from Scoreloop requirements somehow for the 10k commitment? Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
brew1
My Device: playbook 16 gig

Can we get clarification on this?

The reason I ask is because it says scoreloop is required for games here

https://developer.blackberry.com/builtforblackberry/documentation/criteria/games.html

however the developer check list does not have scoreloop listed as required for games

https://developer.blackberry.com/builtforblackberry/documentation/criteria/checklist.html

one of these 2 pages needs a slight update

Please use plain text.
Developer
razorek
My Device: BlackBerry Z10LE

I have a similar question but about WebWorks.

1) I beleve Scoreloop is not supported for WebWorks, so WebWorks games cannot be submited for the 10K commitment program?

2) Are there any plans on bringing Scoreloop to WebWorks?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
caneraltinbasak
My Device: Playbook

I've implemented Scoreloop ANE for QNX.

We will first use it on our game "Eggventure" and we are planning to sell the ANE as a third party library (including AS3 docs and sample app.)It will be available in two weeks time on our website: wallwizz.com.

I'll keep you updated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
analytik
My Device: Q10

That is brilliant, I was hoping for something like that!

Looking forward to that. Do you have an estimated price tag on that?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
caneraltinbasak
My Device: Playbook

[ Edited ]

As you might have seen, Scoreloop API is huge! 

We will initially launch a version with full support on User controller, Leaderboard controller, Ranking controller and Achievement controller and this will have a price tag of 100$. These are the features that we will use in our own game and I am sure %90 of the games will only use these ones.

If we see a demand for the full API we can make the full API available(social, challenges, cloud storage etc.) But we haven't considered the price and the schedule for that.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
johnhattan
My Device: Playbook Emulator

Keep me informed as to when this is available. I checked the Eggventure site and didn't see anything mentioning it.

Please use plain text.
Developer
razorek
My Device: BlackBerry Z10LE

About the 10K commitment:

There has been a series of webcasts recently about the 10K commitment and "Built for BlackBerry", and the presenter explained that games have an additional option to use scoreloop as one of the platform services that an applicaiton has to use to get the Bult for BlackBerry logo. It's not a requirement.

To put it in antoher way: an application has to use one of the platform services available on BB10 (payment, push, BBM, NFC, etc) to be qualified for 10K commitment. Games can additionaly use scoreloop, but they don't have to. At least one of the platform services available. The presenter even said that he would suggest to use at least BBM for games.

Still, the online docs are confusing and it would be great to have that clarified at the website as well.

Please use plain text.