Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

10K Developer Commitment

Developer
maribou
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

And there goes the deadline...

[ Edited ]

I submitted my app on Decmber 27th, thinking it was more than enough time to meet January 21st deadline.  Unfortunately, the app is still not approved for BlackBerry World, which makes is impossible to submit it for the 10K approval.  I guess the portathons flooded the system more than expected.  Any chance for a deadline extension?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: And there goes the deadline...

They had always told us that Jan 11 was a date by which if you submitted, they *guaranteed* approval in time for you to submit for BFB testing by today (midnight Jan 21 in ET timezone). (We always assumed that implied it had to be approvable, of course, and not that everything would blindly be approved.)

Presumably they will at least have some statement to make on the matter, rather than quietly letting the date go by without saying a word. Keep your eyes open for an update, possibly on the dev blog. (I'm just speculating but it seems reasonable.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30
My Carrier: Bell

tick, tock, tick, tock...
Please use plain text.
Developer
DueNorth
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Rogers

Mine was reviewed and rejected, but I submitted before Jan 11.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

DueNorth, you're by no means alone. Mine was too... as I said, the guarantee was only that if it was approvable, it would be approved in time for you to submit by tonight for the BFB deadline. We have yet to see whether they'll respect that "guarantee". I don't recall if it's official, in the Terms, or just something we were told less formally when we asked about what Jan 11 meant. I'll let someone else re-read the legalese if they're concerned about that.

In the end, if our apps were any good to begin with, they'll still sell decently, and nobody should ever have relied on an expectation that really simple apps would just blindly get approvals under this program. It was always supposed to be about quality, and somewhat subjective.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dirkjan
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: T-Mobile NL

Please use plain text.
Developer
SangramPatil
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha
My Carrier: -

Nice to have the deadline extended by 1 month.

Please use plain text.
Developer
SangramPatil

The announcement says the deadline is extended for applying for B4B. It says 'Apps that have been submitted on or before 8pm EST on January 21st,2013 may qualify for the 10K', does it mean that, only releases uploaded before 21 Jan would be considered?

Or the 21 Jan was the deadline for submitting the first version of app?

Please use plain text.
Developer
thubalek
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook 32 GB
My Carrier: BleskMobil

I'm also confused. 

It seems that this deadline extension is very small change. You HAD (in the past) to submit app before 21 January. THEN they announces that deadline for B4BB is postponed. 

I gave up my biggest app after annoucement on January 7th, that only apps submitted before January 11th have chance for 10k as there was no chance to finish it in 4 days. I would rush if I knew that 21st is date for submission.

I really hate this deadline excersises that BB does.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- My Blackberry 10 app at http://blackberry.hubalek.net
-- My Android apps at http://android.hubalek.net
Please use plain text.
Developer
SangramPatil

I guess if you create and upload a new app now, it won't be accepted for 10K. :-(

Please use plain text.