Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

10K Developer Commitment

Developer
i68040
My Device: Q10

Delays in AppWorld approval

I've submitted 2 Apps to AppWorld that I would like to submit for the 10k challenge / Built for BlackBerry program. Neither have been approved yet even though I submitted one in December and another on the 10th of January. As I've been watching the twitter feeds I notice that January 11th was the deadline to 'guarantee' that an app will be approved in AppWorld and ready for evaluation by the B4B program. Since it has been 3 weeks and my first  B4B candidate app hasn't been reviewed by AppWorld yet, I don't see how anyone submitting on the 11th could actually have their app ready to submit to the B4B program before the deadline of January 21st.

These apps were not submitted during portathons (I was trying to slip in between submission rushes). Is there any way for me to qualify for the program if my apps aren't approved in AppWorld by the 21st?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ajochems
My Device: Torch

Re: Delays in AppWorld approval

Same here, i also submitted my app to appworld on 11th of january without being approved yet. From the forum however i see user having their portathon apps being approved the same day or max in 1 or 2 days?? Why do they get preference over other developers like me that have been working for  a long time on the app to get it into the appstore in time for 11th of january?

Please use plain text.
Developer
agaripian
My Device: Z10 & Dev Alpha C

Same here! I submitted a newer version of my already approved app on January 11th at 1 AM before all the portathon submissons. They still have not approved me release yet. The 21st is arround the corner! THey better increase the deadline date!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer of Stocks for Blackberry 10
Please use plain text.
Developer
i68040

Quick Update: RIM Just got back to me about one of my apps. It was rejected because it crashed, but the tester didn't provide detailed steps to reproduce. Wow. This was why I submitted 3 weeks in advance, so I would have time to test and fix issues before the B4B deadline.

I'm disappointed in how this has turned out in my specific case. Hope things go better for other devs. :/

Please use plain text.
Developer
agaripian
My Device: Z10 & Dev Alpha C

Sorry to hear that!!! :smileysad: Not fair at all!! PM me if you want me to help test your app. Maybe you can still submit it after fixing the issue and they will accept. Knowing RIM they will probably extend the deadlines like they did with the Blackberry Playbook. 

Seems like they started approving/rejecting apps. Mine just got approved last night. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer of Stocks for Blackberry 10
Please use plain text.
Developer
i68040

Congrats on the approval! And thanks for the offer. I chased down what I think the issue was and resubmitted, so we'll see how that goes. Still have a few other apps in the queue- It'll be interesting to time how long it takes for them to get approved. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
jasoncheung
My Device: Dev Alpha

Glad to see that things seem to be finally moving. Mine are still in pending review and was submitted on the 9th. I'm a bit annoyed that many of us specifically developed for BB10 and didn't port, but it seems like we are the ones being shaftes.
Please use plain text.
Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30

jasoncheung wrote:
I'm a bit annoyed that many of us specifically developed for BB10 and didn't port, but it seems like we are the ones being shaftes.

This is exactly how I feel. But they're intense efforts to not say ANYthing to ANYone tells me they might extend the deadline. Otherwise I'll just be pretty pissed.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jasoncheung
My Device: Dev Alpha

[ Edited ]

My apps just got approved, so it looks like I can try to see if it can be BFBB certified and apply for the 10k.

Although for my case, I was able to make the deadline, I hope there is better communication in the future.  I understand that they have been bombarded by all these apps, but I wish they just made official statements like some of the info that we have received on the forum from other members who contacted RIM directly.

Thanks again to crazy work that RIM is going through right now......

Please use plain text.
Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30

Congrats! I haven't heard anything yet but this gives me hope that I might hear something soon. Every time my BB vibrates I check in anticipation.
Please use plain text.