Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

10K Developer Commitment

Developer
fantas
My Device: Limited Developer Edition

Dev alpha trade for official BB10 device

Someone knows about the trade Dev alpha for official BB10 device at the time of launch? Ty

If i've helped you use the like button (KUDOS)!
Follow me at twitter: @hektorc
Read my blog: http://hektor.in
Check my GitHub: github.com/hektorcyc
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Dev alpha trade for official BB10 device

Nothing official has been said about it yet.

According to some people who went to BB Jam Americas, it will require submission of a new app, as in one that hasn't been in App World before. (I suspect that description is insufficiently precise to be very useful to us.)

Did you have a specific question about it? Most of us are waiting patiently until they have enough detail to post the terms and conditions for it.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
Jawbone
My Device: Torch 9850

During the keynote address when I was at BB Jam Americas last week was that after submission of an approved app before Jan 21st, you could trade in your device for a "limited edition" L or N series. I have not seen any follow up documentation about this, though. I believe Alec Saunders had mentioned this during the keynote.

Developer
smartek
My Device: Playbook

Also in the keynote of BB10Jam in Orlando Alec sayd that all developers will be able to get a  "limited edition" device if they send the devAlpha back.

Plase "+Like" my post if it was helpful.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900

smartek wrote:

Also in the keynote of BB10Jam in Orlando Alec sayd that all developers will be able to get a  "limited edition" device if they send the devAlpha back.

well we know this is happening for sure we're jsut trying to get rim to spill on the terms and conditions ! :smileyvery-happy:

Alec Saunders said during the Australian BB Jam tour that developers will get a limited edition device which will have a special engraving. Thats all ive heard of in terms of what it is and stuff. But, lets see!

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
New Developer
demarcodonjuan
My Device: Blackberry Alpha

heard the same at the Vancouver event as well.
Click the Like button if you find my post useful and as a way to let me know someone actually read it.
Developer
thubalek
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook 32 GB

Just curious about technical details regarding this.

I live in European Union and every mail with electronics (doesnt matter is not new one) going to US needs to go through customs. The same issue when I'll get gift from US company.

Do you think that there will be European mail/return address? It would make it much easier for EU developers as in Europe sending/receiving goods is easy.

Tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- My Blackberry 10 app at http://blackberry.hubalek.net
-- My Android apps at http://android.hubalek.net
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

With the various free PlayBook offers, RIM's fulfillment company (subcontracted company that arranges to ship the devices) has always ensured that customs fees and such are handled by them, not by the receiver. (I believe in a few cases these arrangements failed, in which case people had to contact them, with copies of receipts and so forth, for refunds.) In short, I don't expect you'll need to worry much.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
greenback
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

I am going to buy a BlackBerry 10 device when it comes out. There's no point in waiting any longer for a third-party to fulfill developer shipments.

The whole launch in itself is something you want to be a part of from DAY 1.

Cheers!

:Rockon:

Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C

Info on the Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 Smartphones coming this week. see link below

Limited Edition BlackBerry 10

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality