Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

10K Developer Commitment

Developer
willyyr
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A
My Carrier: Vodafone DE
Accepted Solution

Does a free WebWorks app that *will* make use of in app payments qualify for the 10k offer?

I was wondering if i can apply for the 10k commitment with my free webworks application. I have several in-app payment objects that i would like to provide for my app but the Purchase API is not yet available for WebWorks. The question is, can i still apply and get accepted (B4BB provided) for the 10k offer even if the app is currently completly free, but will make money once the API becomes available?

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Does a free WebWorks app that *will* make use of in app payments qualify for the 10k offer?

Good question. RIM *might* concede on this one, but as I understand it, if an app does not get BBW (BlackBerry World) approval first, then pass B4BB rules (in this case no), then it would pass the 10K app thing if submitted by 1/11/13 (tomorrow). In your case, getting the in-app purchase stuff in place could take months (in theory) and if you only make the 1K after that point, I think you are violating the rules.

Can you make the app paid for $0.99 and include some other aspect to pass B4BB?

If not, RIM would have to grant some waiver that once the in-app API is released that you would have 2 weeks (for example) to get an update in place to still qualify.

Tricky, because it opens the door for other api's and invocation schemas and native apps that are not fully released yet.
Please use plain text.
Developer
willyyr

Re: Does a free WebWorks app that *will* make use of in app payments qualify for the 10k offer?

I forgot to mention that my app already makes use of the bbm platform which counts for b4bb so that shouldn't be a problem. I could try and sell it for $0,99 but i'm pretty confident i can make better money using in app purchases. The app has been submitted and is awaiting approval so thats in time for b4bb as well to make it for 10k. I also cannot change the pricing tier (appworld support could i guess). Lets see what RIM has to say on this :smileyhappy:
Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Hi Willy,

Yes it can qualify even if it is free so long as you add in the in-app-purchases when it becomes available for WebWorks.

Edit: I should add that it still must pass the standard criteria to qualify.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
willyyr

Garett this is great news! Thanks for your clarification.
Willy R.
-
Please use plain text.