Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

10K Developer Commitment

Developer
maribou
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Games: natively developed?

Could you please clarify the "natively developed" requirement? Does it mean games have to be built with Native SDK (and hence HTML5 and Air games are not eligible)?

If HTML5 and Air games do qualify, will they still be rejected for the lack of Scoreloop support?

We have a word game almost ready for App World. The game doesn't really require a lot of performance, and probably could run well as an Air app. However, if it has to be published as a Native SDK app, a complete rewrite is required.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Games: natively developed?

Scoreloop for games is no longer a mandatory item, though it's still strongly recommended for its various benefits.

I can't comment reliably on the other part of the question as I don't deal with games much. I *believe* anything but Android is acceptable, but I'm not the guy to answer that.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
whoang
My Device: Blackberry 10 - Dev Alpha B | Blackberry Playbook | Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: BELL Canada

[ Edited ]

Hello @maribou

Currently the support for Scoreloop SDK is with the Native SDK BlackBerry platform.  

The HTML5/WebWorks Scoreloop SDK support will exist and the team is working extra hard to bring that story along for BlackBerry 10 launch - stay tuned for more announcements.    

HTML5 and AIR games do qualify and will not be rejected if Scoreloop is not used.

William Hoang

Application Developer Advocate | Developer Relations
BlackBerry

Please use plain text.
Developer
maribou
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Thank you! It's good to know our game qualifies - we've already submitted it for approval as a WebWorks app.

Please use plain text.