Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

10K Developer Commitment

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

How to get Bango transaction report going back more than one year

In several other threads people have posted to note that the Bango transaction reports feature allows selecting only up to a one year range, so they were not able to get the data all the way back to March 3, 2013. Actually it's pretty easy to do that, by editing the URL.

If you log into the Bango portal, and set up a "Transaction report" for your app (drag an Application Name filter over and select your app for the 10K program), and select some short date range. Ask for the report to be generated, and then look in the upper right for the export buttons. There are little icons for XML, CSV, and EXCEL.  If you want CSV, click it so the little options area opens and find the Export CSV button. Right-click one of those buttons and copy the URL (i.e. "Copy Link" or whatever your browser allows).

Now paste the URL into the address bar of a new tab, and edit it to have the correct date range. It will contain a very long series of parameters including something like this (depending on the range you picked):

...days=&datefrom=May%2025%202014&dateto=May%2026%202014&seconddat...

You can edit that date range to include dates all the way back to Mar 3, 2013 even though the web interface won't allow you to select anything earlier than (as of today) May 26, 2013.  Note that the dates have spaces which are represented in the URL as "%20". Pay special attention so you don't make an invalid date by treating that as part of the date. Basically you want the date range to be this (with the other parameters still surrounding it).

datefrom=Mar%2003%202013&dateto=Mar%2004%202014

Note that there may still be restrictions on the length of the period, if you're not doing just one year. I was able to go slightly longer than a year, but when I tried from Mar 3, 2013 until today it gave an error.

Note that generating the export can take a very long time... like a minute or more I think. Be patient.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: How to get Bango transaction report going back more than one year

Ah, helex had already figured this out back in April. :smileyhappy:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/10K-Developer-Commitment/Did-anybody-already-get-any-info-reg...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sh2sg
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to get Bango transaction report going back more than one year

FYI.

I sent request to Bango support, they made a change to my vendor account which temporarily allows me to pull financial reports from an extended period, so I am able to get full report from 3rd Match 2013 to 4th March 2014.
Please use plain text.