Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

10K Developer Commitment

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

My app sales hits USD1500 today, but I won't get any commitment for sure...

Because it didn't get BFB approval by deadline.

Because BFB team rejected it just few hours before the deadline, while I submitted 6 weeks before the deadline. They wasted the time and didn't give you chance to fix, and honestly I didn't know what to fix.

It took me few weeks to communicate with few Blackberry support to understand the reason, and finally, guess why it was rejected? Because it didn't have action bar in the main page, and this requirement was removed from guideline later... and my app was approved for BFB after that...

I am not begging for money, I just don't feel this is a fair game.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook, DevAlpha
My Carrier: (na)

Re: My app sales hits USD1500 today, but I won't get any commitment for sure...

My app also hit $1560 today (as a wild guess). I had the BFB in time (my App was one of the first to get it), but still, I'm not sure it will qualify as you need to take into account the taxes. No idea what to use as a second wild guess for an average taxe %.

http://www.ovogame.com/bb
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Safaricom

I also had the same experience but was wondering what will happen to the proceeds after BlackBerry gets their cut??

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

BB does not take out taxes. Developers are responsible for their own income taxes.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook, DevAlpha
My Carrier: (na)

check this:

https://developer.blackberry.com/builtforblackberry/commitment/

¹ “Earns” refers to the amount that consumers pay for both paid downloads and in-app payments using BlackBerry Payment Service less any refunds and less applicable taxes included in the amount consumers pay, multiplied by the proportion of sales owing to the Vendor as defined by the Vendor Agreement.

So what are these taxes referenced here?

JC

http://www.ovogame.com/bb
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Actually, because you did eventually qualify for Built for BlackBerry, according to the dates specified in Alec Saunders' blog post last year, you should still be eligible. Because of the queue and delays in approval times and unclear guidelines, they gave you a whole year until March 3rd 2014 to achieve Built for BlackBerry status. My app just got approved, though I still have the problem of making the sales target. :smileysad:

So you should be fine. It would be awesome if someone from BlackBerry Developer Relations would confirm this though. 

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/03/dates-to-remember-2/

January 21, 2013 – Submission Deadline – (yes, it’s in the past, but still important to note) Your BlackBerry 10 app needed to be submitted to BlackBerry World by this date. As long as it was submitted, you met the first qualifier for the $10k Developer Commitment program.

March 4, 2013 – Sale Period Start Date – Your BlackBerry World-approved app must be up for sale in BlackBerry World on or before this date. All earnings from this date, whether your app has been Built for BlackBerry approved yet or not, will be considered in calculating your total earnings for any payout under the $10k Developer Commitment program.

March 3, 2014 – Sale Period End Date – Your app must have received Built for BlackBerry approval before this date to be eligible for the $10k Developer Commitment program.

Learn to run and get in shape with Couch 2AnyK Pro, a Built for BlackBerry native Couch to 5K (C25K) app for BlackBerry 10, available in BlackBerry World.
Developer

[ Edited ]

nonesuchnick wrote:

March 4, 2013 – Sale Period Start Date – Your BlackBerry World-approved app must be up for sale in BlackBerry World on or before this date. All earnings from this date, whether your app has been Built for BlackBerry approved yet or not, will be considered in calculating your total earnings for any payout under the $10k Developer Commitment program.

This does not make sense.

If the app didn't get BFB approved, you wouldn't have chance to opt-in for 10K program. BFB is the precondition of 10K.

They rejected the app for BFB application right before 10K program deadline. I don't know if BFB and 10K are managed by the same team, but these people seemed to tell you: for whatever reasons, short of hands, too many applications, Canadian labor law / life style, etc etc, after 6 weeks we finally looked your app in last minute (yes we made it within promised timeline), although the failure is not really true (we will remove it from guideline later), unfortunately you don't have time to re-submit  your app for BFB, and then 10K.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

I disagree. It's in black and white from the VP if Developer Relations himself. I initially applied for Built for BlackBerry and opted in to the 10K program when my app was approved in App World back in Feb 2013. I was rejected for Built for BlackBerry then, but I still had Re-submission attempts and I resubmitted now and was approved. My app was initially submitted before Jan 21 deadline, so I've met all the qualifications except the sales targets.

If you've met the sales targets and have achieved Built for BlackBerry and had submitted before the initial deadline I don't see why you still wouldn't qualify. In fact, you are more likely to get the 10K than me since I am short on sales.

Nick

Learn to run and get in shape with Couch 2AnyK Pro, a Built for BlackBerry native Couch to 5K (C25K) app for BlackBerry 10, available in BlackBerry World.
Developer

nonesuchnick wrote:

I disagree. It's in black and white from the VP if Developer Relations himself. I initially applied for Built for BlackBerry and opted in to the 10K program when my app was approved in App World back in Feb 2013. I was rejected for Built for BlackBerry then, but I still had Re-submission attempts and I resubmitted now and was approved. My app was initially submitted before Jan 21 deadline, so I've met all the qualifications except the sales targets.

If you've met the sales targets and have achieved Built for BlackBerry and had submitted before the initial deadline I don't see why you still wouldn't qualify. In fact, you are more likely to get the 10K than me since I am short on sales.

Nick

Yours is before March 4 2013, the extended deadline.

I submitted my app for BFB in mid of Jan 2013, and they rejected BFB in 3 March 2013. 

Developer

Check the 10K tems and conditions:
http://developer.blackberry.com/builtforblackberry/documentation/overview/10kterms.html

It states clearly:

HOW TO PARTICIPATE To participate,

Apps must meet the criteria outlined below in Section 6 (“Criteria”) and must have received both BlackBerry World (“BBAW”) approval (“BBAW Approval”) and BFB Program approval (“BFB Approval”).