Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

10K Developer Commitment

Contributor
Infoistic
My Device: Playbook, Curve 9360
My Carrier: GP
Accepted Solution

Rejected for payment not working

My application was rejected mentioning the following:

* Improved gameplay

* Better graphics

* There’s an error when we try to use the in app payment service, it say the service is unavailable even though the other app in app payment having no problem

So, is the BB10 payment API working? I used the following code to give the user opportunity even if the api is unavailable.

if ((window.blackberry === undefined) || (blackberry.payment === undefined)) {

console.log("buyBoard", "blackberry.payment object not supported");

var afterResponse = function (selection) {

if (selection["return"] == "Yes") {

setBoard(index);

}

};

// ask() just invokes blackberry.ui.dialog.standardAskAsync

ask("The Blackberry payment service is not available for BB10. You may enjoy using this board for free until the service is available. Do you want to continue?", "Payment", afterResponse);

}

Can someone help me in this regard, thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dipu
My Device: Blackberry Dev Alpha 10
My Carrier: Blackberry

Re: Rejected for payment not working

Yes, I am looking this solution. Right now I am very unhappy for this issue. I did not get any clear solution.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Best to ask in the fourm your code is developed in regarding the payment issue.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Infoistic

Yes, I did. I got a reply with link to the BB site that it is not implemented yet. I knew that as well. I am wondering how can they reject for something which is not implemented in the SDK yet. I even handled the issue by allowing the user to enjoy free until the service is available with just a prompt mentioning this is free temporarily. And they are reporting this as error message. I understand that they have a very long queue of such application and very busy with those, they should at least wait until the service is made available rather than rejecting.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I wonder how you were able to write code to do this if it was not implemented in the SDK yet?? (Just an API given?) Kind of dangerous IMHO. I would remove it until you can properly test it. If that is your only "service" integration, then you might need to find a hook into one of the other services. From their POV, you integrated something that does not work, mainly because they have not implemented it yet. I don't think a user would understand that and see it as an error on your point. I regularly get emails blaming my app for something that is really a problem with the device or OS (settings, installation, GPS, etc.).
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I agree with what jtegen has mentioned, to the tester they may have no idea whether your application is Native, Cascades, AIR (all of which have in app payments implemented) or WebWorks (which is still waiting on in-app payment APIs), so it would be difficult for them to pass your application assuming that it would not be released with this broken functionality still in place.

As an FYI to this thread the payment APIs for WebWorks are trucking along and can be tracked externally here:

https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-WebWorks-Framework/pull/455

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Infoistic

you

Thank you very much for your reply. I do understand the point of view of the testers. What I want to point out is: there should be some guideline for this. Either webworks applications should be excluded or postponed for testing. BTW, we need to submit a signed debug version for the product developed using webworks, so they know which are webworks product.

I did not include any unsafe code, I just checked whether blackberry.payment is defined or not, then allowed my users to use the feature freely, nothing wrong in it.

Anyway, I have an updated version but without payment, same message again,  please tell me what should I do, should I submit and reapply or not?

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Re: you

The application will still need to meet the criteria to pass Built-for-BlackBerry even without Payment support. You could provide an updated version of the application which meets the criteria and then submit the update when payment APIs are made available.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Infoistic

Hi Garett

We have just two more week left to get the BFB approval. Payment for webworks seems to be completed by now, it is supposed to be included in the next version of the SDK.

I have BBM integration in my application, but without payment support how can you get 1K? Do you think that the tester will have enough time to check and approve my program, if not, should not we read an extra line in TOC which will say "Webworks application must be a paid application, free applications develped using Webworks with in-app purchase will not count towards 10K Dev commitment". It is not there.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

You can submit a free app without payment included then, once approved, add in payment once available. The key is making sure you *do not* have broken payment functionality as this will make your app fail the process.

If your application can qualify on its own, making significant use of BBM integration, a solid user experience etc, then you can definitely still qualify without payment service integration.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.