Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

10K Developer Commitment

Regular Visitor
nwenimo
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Welcome to the new 10K Developer Commitment board!

May I know how many days have to wait for RIM's approval for BB10 app?

New Developer
alezy
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook®

Hey, devs!

Let's make money on App World!!!

lol

--
Mobile Developer
http://twitter.com/hackerlivre
techgeek12
My Device: none

testing

testing

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: testing

[ Edited ]

To add to the discussion. The "Built for BB" is for apps built for the BlackBerry platform using BlackBerry SDKs. Android apps are built for Android devices that happen to run on the BlackBerry devices. They were never built for BB nor do they use the BB SDKs and take advantage of BB services (BBM, invocation, native services like push, contacts, etc.). RIM want an enriched UX that Android does not provide in general.

If you have a good app and want it to be successful on BB, then you might want to consider porting it over. There are lots of different development environments to do this.

Some of this came about from all the Android apps that came over originally to the PlayBook. Many of the apps were considered "**bleep** apps" and did so to only get the free PlayBook that was being offered. This saturated the market place and made it diffilcult for those native apps that looks like PlayBook apps to be seen. This program is to reward those developers who take the time to be a "true BB app" to be seen better (and make more money).

Regular Contributor
jcentricity
My Device: BlackBerry Bold

Re: testing

1. BlackBerry should have not approved bleep apps.

2. By disqualifying Android apps you are attracting less developers

Kwame

Developer
Developer
CMY
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook

I have a question for someone from RIM.   Is this going t...

I have a question for someone from RIM.

Is this going to be a one-time deal for the BB10 launch or will this program be offered up again? I ask this because I have a few apps I wanted to port over from the BB Java handhelds but can't do so because of the lack of background services and listeners available currently for BB10. to me it seems that this is mostly geared towards games as the number of useful apps between the Java platform and the current C++ platform is gonna be on an order of magnitude in difference because of the lack of these services.

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: I have a question for someone from RIM.   Is this going t...

You can never know and I doubt RIM will announce if this will be offered in the future. Part of the reason they are doing this is to get apps into app world at launch. It sounds like they will have the most number of apps at a 1.0 mobile launch ever, so this and the other promotions did what they wanted. After launch who knows. If you have apps to build, make them regardless of any promotions by RIM.
Developer
Developer
CMY
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook

Re: I have a question for someone from RIM.   Is this going t...

I am going to make them regardless; I've already started on several, just can't finish them at the moment due to the limitations. The offer would just be nice to have again.
New Developer
netcom1155
My Device: playbook

it depends. Sometimes take few days, sometimes take up to a month.

Contributor
sandeepsharma10
My Device: No Device

Can i still apply for program?

Sandeep Sharma