Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

10K Developer Commitment

New Contributor
shahgidog
My Device: Playbook developer

What framworks are acceptable?

i see it mentions

https://developer.blackberry.com/builtforblackberry/documentation/criteria.html

that PhoneGap and Appcelerator framworks can be used, will there be a more exhaustive list, or can any suitable framework be used? i'm thinking dojo, marmalade, etc...

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: What framworks are acceptable?

I didn't attend the Jam Americas session on this, but read some BBM messages from a couple of guys who did attend. Their comments were basically that any of those sorts of frameworks are just fine...

Provided you meet the rest of the requirements (e.g. Scoreloop integration for games, at least one BB10 service, etc) it sounds like pretty much anything can be used (except Android).

Maybe someone who did attend the relevant session could back up that claim or expand on it?

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook

I was at the session. I think I remember Tom saying that ported Android apps could qualify if they had 4+ stars in Google Play store.

I`m not 100% sure on that though, it might have just been for porting a pre-existing app in general.

My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook

Here is the presentation video

http://hosting.desire2learncapture.com/RIM/1/watch/49.aspx
My Device: Blackberry 10 - Dev Alpha B | Blackberry Playbook | Blackberry Torch 9810

Hello Group,

The requirements for Scoreloop integration for games has since changed.  It is not a mandatory requirement to use Scoreloop within your game application in order to have it approved for BlackBerry World -- though it is highly recommended as it will add much value to your application.  

Please refer to:  Built for BlackBerry Criteria section and the BlackBerry App World Vendor Guidelines as all applications submitted must comply with the items outlined to be approved.  

Along with the main requirements, games require some additional criteria found here

(Note:  BlackBerry World criteria for Scoreloop section may need to be updated to include - "not a mandatory requirement")

William Hoang

Application Developer Advocate | Developer Relations
BlackBerry