Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

10K Developer Commitment

New Contributor
keithlien
My Device: n/a
Accepted Solution

heard nothing from BB for my app

I heard nothing from BB for my app which I believed should be qualified for 10k commitment. My app was approved by Jan.21.2013 and get BFB approval around Nov.2013 with sale around $1800 by Mar.31.2014.

But so far I heard nothing from BB about this program. I have no idea if my app is qualified. I wrote to blackberrydeveloperprogram at blackberry dot com but no reply at all.

I wonder if anybody has the same situation. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Contributor
Christophe78
My Device: Playbook / BB10 dev alpha

Re: heard nothing from BB for my app

Looks like you are not qualified, although you met all requirement. Same for me.

How much did you sell on the Mar 13 - Mat 14 period ?

Maybe you also missed the "mysterious sale period", which have been lately been defined on the 4 mar 13.

All apps that respected the initial deadline and go quickly on store have been highly fooled.

And people at blackberry never made the effort of sending official mails (even to tell that the contest is over and that you/me are not qualified). What a pity for a 10m$ challenge.

www.dk-games.com
New Contributor
keithlien

Thanks, Christophe.

Among the $1800, around $1600 was made between Jun.1.2013 and Mar.1.2014.

I really think BB should notify participants no matter qualified or not after the end of campaign.   :smileysad:

Contributor
Christophe78
My Device: Playbook / BB10 dev alpha

You should be qualified then.

Try to get the correct mail and ask why (sorry not at home, I'll send you a contact mail later)

www.dk-games.com
New Contributor
keithlien

That's great, Christophe. Once getting the right email, I will try to hear what BB says.

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Please send me the email address as well, as I'm fairly certain I have qualified on all counts but have also heard nothing in response to emails to the address mentioned above. It's a black hole...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
helex
My Device: Nokia N950 / BB Playbook

If you got approved for Built for BlackBerry late in autumn, are you really sure it was from the application for Built for BlackBerry before the 18th February 8pm ET or was it maybe by a second try you made at a later point? 

Developer
peter9477

helex, In my case, it was one of those cases where they initially rejected it as "too simple". This led (as you may recall) to endless discussion and emails and such, following which they officially removed those restrictions from the BfB program, and around the same time said that getting BfB approval any time in the first year of the 10K program would allow you to qualify.

As far as I know, this should not result in the app being excluded. I was obviously well aware of all of this information and the status of the program last year, being in frequent contact with Nancy and others.

The version of the app which eventually got approved was slightly tweaked (one menu item renamed, and another one removed, at the request of the BfB program manager) from the original, but it was the same app, same basic functionality that was initially rejected.

I'd offer relevant dates and such, but I haven't even bothered digging those out carefully yet since I've had no response to the emails I've sent so far. I'll spend my time on the research only if they get back to me and claim they don't have the same information available themselves (though, obviously, they would).

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
helex
My Device: Nokia N950 / BB Playbook

peter9477 wrote:
helex, In my case, it was one of those cases where they initially rejected it as "too simple". This led (as you may recall) to endless discussion and emails and such, following which they officially removed those restrictions from the BfB program, and around the same time said that getting BfB approval any time in the first year of the 10K program would allow you to qualify.

Yes, how could I forget the endless discussions and the trouble the BFB program created. I also recall the discussion with you and Nancy in Amsterdam. But I were not aware that the rule regarding BFB was softened to "any time in the first year" - this changes a lot and your case as the one from the original poster sounds now like the case from sh2sg which was according to this thread solved successfully: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/10K-Developer-Commitment/My-app-sales-hits-USD1500-today-but-...

I wonder, if you're unable to contact anyone from the responsible team, how should someone else with less influence and contacts be able to? :smileyindifferent:

Developer
peter9477

helex wrote:

I wonder, if you're unable to contact anyone from the responsible team, how should someone else with less influence and contacts be able to? :smileyindifferent:

This is probably for two reasons.

One is that you're likely over-estimating the "influence and contacts" that I have. ;-)

The other reason is that I'm an odd duck, and I rarely attempt to leverage any such unfair advantage, at least until I've exhausted all the options to which everyone else would have access. If I dove straight for pestering employees behind the scenes, it may resolve my own case quickly enough, but then I can't post here and help others accomplish the same. It also makes it impossible for me to give BB useful feedback about how ineffective they're communicating or implementing programs such as these, whereas if I suffer the same trials and tribulations as everyone else then I can more effectively gripe about it (behind the scenes) when the time comes.