Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

10K Developer Commitment

Developer
helex
My Device: Nokia N950 / BB Playbook

Re: heard nothing from BB for my app

Yes, I'm absolutely with you. But if reason 1 wouldn't be the case and you would have a magical phone number it could be the way to point someone responsible to this (official!) BlackBerry 10K Developer Commitment board to solve all the issues some still have with this program.

They don't have to be cleared in public, but a official information, a clear way or form how to contact, how to ask, or maybe even appeal could help.

Yeah, wishful thinking since even you don't have the golden key. But if you would had I'm absolutely sure you would use it to make it possible to clear the cases for everyone and not only your personal issue, even without knowing what a "odd duck" might be.

New Contributor
keithlien
My Device: n/a

Thanks to all the pals for the feedback again. It seemed that we small developers are hopeless after investing so much time afterall. No email, no notification even no door to knock when time comes. Now I learned a lesson again. TOTALLY FRUSTRATED TO BLACKBERRY.

frustrated

New Developer
abinlesly
My Device: DEVELOPER

Hey...If you havent got a card from BB ..then stop thinking about it...It is done..

******Blackberry Developer*******---Built for the Kill-----
#######Developer of @Sudoku#########
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

abinlesly wrote:

Hey...If you havent got a card from BB ..then stop thinking about it...It is done..

You may be right, but without some background information or references to why you believe this is true, your comment doesn't really provide much value here. Do you know of any actual facts to back up your claim?

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
peter9477

So, contrary to the bogus claim just above, it's not necessarily too late to get a response from BlackBerry.

Today I received a response, three days after making my third attempt to contact them (second time using the address Lou posted in another thread). The subject line is "[my vendor name] 10K Program" and it contains a "10K program package" which includes a PDF form letter of sorts and two spreadsheets, one for me to fill out with data I'm supposed to gather from the Bango portal and presumably elsewhere, and the other containing their estimate of my totals. I believe this is the same thing others have described receiving.

There's no explanation as to why my earlier inquiries had no response. It's possible, given that the "estimate" spreadsheet shows less than the required minimum threshold, that they didn't think it was necessary to respond.

It's also possible they're simply short-staffed/backlogged and only just now finally got to me in some queue. I have no idea but, for what it's worth, that's where things are right now for me.

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
keithlien
My Device: n/a

Congrats, Peter. It seemed "time" plays an important role here.
Developer
peter9477

keithlien, that is looking quite likely. Have you heard nothing yet? That's a shame (literally) but at least it seems you can still hold out hope, preferably following it up with one or two more inquiries.

By the way, I just noticed that what I called the "estimate" spreadsheet contains only the BB Commerce numbers, and none of the Bango sales. My rough totals from the vendor portal Purchases report (which doesn't distinguish between them) puts the total sales 56% higher, so I presume once I check the Bango portal that will account for the difference.

Developer
helex
My Device: Nokia N950 / BB Playbook

peter9477 wrote:
keithlien, that is looking quite likely. Have you heard nothing yet? That's a shame (literally) but at least it seems you can still hold out hope, preferably following it up with one or two more inquiries.

By the way, I just noticed that what I called the "estimate" spreadsheet contains only the BB Commerce numbers, and none of the Bango sales. My rough totals from the vendor portal Purchases report (which doesn't distinguish between them) puts the total sales 56% higher, so I presume once I check the Bango portal that will account for the difference.

My Bango sales were about 20% of my sales via debit card and PayPal. So I see here a distinct preference.

The Bango web portal only allows to export the data for a 1 year timeframe. Here is a workaround to get the full timeframe: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/10K-Developer-Commitment/Did-anybody-already-get-any-info-reg...

Good luck, Peter!