Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Academic Developer Network

Academic Development (Retired)
ChristineA
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

BlackBerry Academic Program at DevCon 2010

BlackBerry Academic Program at DevCon 2010

The BlackBerry® Academic Program offers universities, community colleges and career colleges the opportunity to offer official BlackBerry curriculum in the classroom. The goal of the BlackBerry Academic Program is to provide an innovative and flexible curriculum, allowing academic institutions to attract the best talent to the industry. It is built on a comprehensive overview of the BlackBerry solution and designed to provide students with an all encompassing experience. There are also opportunities to link the program with the BlackBerry Certification Program.

For more information about the BlackBerry Academic program, including the types of technical programs it can be integrated with, please visit our website, or contact blackberryacademicprogram@rim.com.

At the BlackBerry Developer Conference

To introduce academics and students alike to the BlackBerry Academic Program, several tailored events will be taking place at the BlackBerry Developer Conference:

Orientation

On the first day of the conference, academics are invited to attend an orientation session, before the conference General Session. Details of the BlackBerry Academic Program will be presented, session recommendations will be made, and a detailed agenda for academics and students will be provided.

Networking Reception

Join us for an opportunity to network with other academic attendees on Wednesday evening. In a relaxed environment, academics and students will be able to discuss conference highlights and challenges faced by academia in the world of mobile development.

Academic Overview on BlackBerry Community Day

All conference attendees are invited to an overview and discussion of the BlackBerry Academic Program. Special sessions tailored to the academic community will provide both technical and academic insight into the world of BlackBerry development.

Academic Panel Discussion

For academics and students, an opportunity to listen to a panel of schools who have successfully integrated BlackBerry into their curriculum. Learn how other academic institutions have incorporated hardware and courseware into their existing curriculum and the impact it has made on student learning. If you’re interested in attending this event, please email blackberryacademicprogram@rim.com.

Relevant Breakout Sessions

Several of the breakout sessions being presented at the BlackBerry Developer Conference are relevant to our academic audience. Please stay tuned to this location for additional information on sessions.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
demarcodonjuan
My Device: Blackberry Alpha

Re: BlackBerry Academic Program at DevCon 2010

Thanks for sharing this information.

Click the Like button if you find my post useful and as a way to let me know someone actually read it.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
alezy
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook®
My Carrier: Wi-fi only

Re: BlackBerry Academic Program at DevCon 2010

Thanks for sharing this information.

Unfortunately these events occur very far from where I am right now :(

--
Mobile Developer
http://twitter.com/hackerlivre
Please use plain text.