Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Academic Developer Network

New Contributor
just3much
My Device: blackberrry Alpha simulator and blackberry 9300 with OS 7.0
My Carrier: Wind

Error: Cannot connect: Network is unreachable: connect. Please check IP address settings for the target. Try to ping the target.

I am using VMWare with Blackberry 10 alpha simulator on windows 8 platform. I am able to create .bar file ( both signed and unsigned verison).... but i am not able to deploy the application using the simulator

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.4.7\dependenc
ies\tools\bin>blackberry-deploy -installApp -device 169.254.0.1 "C:\xx.bar"

Error: Cannot connect: Network is unreachable: connect. Please check IP address settings for the target. Try to ping the target.

on doing ping. getting error message :

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.4.7\dependenc
ies\tools\bin>ping 169.254.0.1

Pinging 169.254.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
PING: transmit failed. General failure.

Ping statistics for 169.254.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Please help... thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MagicSap
My Device: PlayBook Developer
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Error: Cannot connect: Network is unreachable: connect. Please check IP address settings for the target. Try to ping the target.

Hi

Can I ask if you managed to solve this problem?  I've got exactly the same issue trying to connect the PlayBook and I'm also on Windows 8.  I've had no problems with Windows 7 on a different machine in the past.

- The PlayBook's tethered via USB

- BlackBerry device manager can see the PlayBook

- The PlayBook knows it's connected to the PC

- The PlayBook's in development mode and gives an IP of 169.254.0.1

- BlackBerry Deployment Setup Wizard says 'Cannot connect : Network is unreachable. Try to ping the target' etc.

- Pinging the target give the same response you posted (transmit failed.  General failure)

Beginning to think this is a Windows 8 issue, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wendigo
My Device: BB
My Carrier: PPP

Re: Error: Cannot connect: Network is unreachable: connect. Please check IP address settings for the target. Try to ping the target.

Same error here, but I have in vmware network settings Brigde, and the ping work ok, but the Controller not work.

If a change to NAT mode, the ping not work, but the Controller yes...
Please use plain text.