Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Academic Developer Network

Developer
johnbibs
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Jump Starting Schools in the Academic Program

Hi,

Are there any faculties here in the forum? Just wanted to ask how did you started applying this academic program? Or how did the instructors started given they have no knowledge in BlackBerry? 

Thanks!

cheers!

Please use plain text.
Academic Development (Retired)
ChristineA
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Jump Starting Schools in the Academic Program

Hello and welcome to the academic forums. There are a number of resources that are available free of charge to academics interested in teaching BlackBerry development.

The BlackBerry Academic Program is a free program that offers curriculum modules on a variety of topics. There is everything from Getting Started, to advanced Java, to HTML5. We offer hands on labs and source code to get both yourself and your students started. You can learn more about the BlackBerry Academic Program here.

The Center for Mobile Education and Research at the University of Guelph also offers a variety of free curriculum to academics. You can register for their program here to gain access to their content.

If you have any questions on the BlackBerry Academic Program, please feel free to send us an email at BlackBerryAcademicProgram@rim.com.

Thank you,

Please use plain text.
New Developer
altheaffx
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: 639322064380

I'm a faculty member and is also planning to teach some of the Program's modules.  But I'm also kind of a little lost since the link they provided has a lot of information that I don't know where to start.  However, we just recently attended an Instructor's Training for BB Mobile App Development - though the focus was more technical - and our training facilitator promised us another session where they'd help us in what module to start with.   

In the meantime, I think it's really up to us what module we'd like to teach.  Anyway, all the modules are pretty clear in its learning objectives so we can easily find the right modules that we can integrate to our own courses or use as standalone course.  I personally am planning to start with Intro to Mobile Development Development for the Blackberry Smartphone.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
kavya0603
My Device: Bb 9220
My Carrier: Airtel

a sincere request for RIM team to start the same kind of programs in Karnataka i.e BASE program for students

Please use plain text.