Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
russ_mtc
My Device: Storm 2
Accepted Solution

0.9.2 SDK Issue - Testing failure

I'm really new at this, so I'm sure I've made a dumb mistake somewhere, but I can't find it.

I'm using Flash to create my apps, and I had no problems with the 0.9.0 and 0.9.1 SDKs. However, I can't get the newest SDK to run. To try to simplify and figure out the problem, I created a new .fla file with this actionscript:

import qnx.ui.text.TextInput;

var testInput:TextInput = new TextInput;
addChild(testInput);

When I test it, though, I get this error:

VerifyError: Error #1014: Class qnx.pps::smileytongue:PSChannel could not be found.

at qnx.ui.text::TextInput/init()[E:\hudson\workspace\SDK092_deckard_sdk\src\screen\src\qnx\ui\text\TextInput.as:486]
    at qnx.ui.core::UIComponent()[E:\hudson\workspace\SDK092_deckard_sdk\src\screen\src\qnx\ui\core\UIComponent.as:162]
    at qnx.ui.core::smileyfrustrated:kinnableComponent()[E:\hudson\workspace\SDK092_deckard_sdk\src\screen\src\qnx\ui\core\SkinnableComponent.as:43]
    at qnx.ui.text::TextInput()[E:\hudson\workspace\SDK092_deckard_sdk\src\screen\src\qnx\ui\text\TextInput.as:370]
    at Untitled_fla::MainTimeline/frame1()[Untitled_fla.MainTimeline::frame1:3]

Any ideas where I'm missing it on this? Did I somehow screw something up on installation (both times)? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Russ

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: 0.9.2 SDK Issue - Testing failure

hey russ,

i dont think its anything you messed up during the installation. since the new SDK came out, the TextInput class now is binded to the PPS Channel (needs native classes). by any chance are you testing via the Desktop Application Debugger? that'll be your problem. from now on, if your application uses the TextInput class from QNX, you must test your application in the actual simulator or else you will get those errors.

its going to slow down your development, but its the only way at this point to do it. hope that helps. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

There is a non-PPS TextInput class in the library posted from:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Community-Library-Released-for-cl...

It might keep you in AIR and then just switch back to the QNX TextInput during final testing in the simulator.  I do 95%+ testing in AIR and only go into the simulator for final testing.

New Developer
russ_mtc
My Device: Storm 2

Thanks guys, that must be it. I can sort of comprehend why they would do this, but it really does make it a real pain trying to develop with the QNX TextInput. I guess I'll have to go with those workarounds, John.