Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
daniel_wind
My Device: BB Playbook

0.9.3 Playbook Simulator Fidelity

Hi Guys,

I would like to know if anyone could would share information about the simulator, specifically regarding to its processing power simulating fidelity:

- Currently, from what I have seen on BB Playbook specs, it will include a dual-core processor. 

- The simulator is capable on simulating one CPU only: 

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/21879/BlackBerry_Tablet_OS_SDK_for_Adobe_AIR-R... 

(page 2, last paragraph)

Can this simulator feature cause a delay on framerate when testing on Playbook Simulator? When I profile my application I see stable framerate during execution/profiling time (my app is a game) but when testing on Simulator it decreases framerate to half.

I have fully profiled my app so I see no memory leaks and/or excessive object instantiation.

If someone knows some info about this please let me know. :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks,

-------------------------------------
www.danielwind.net

Playbook App:
Grab Da Crab
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: 0.9.3 Playbook Simulator Fidelity

[ Edited ]

Depending on your host OS and its memory and processing powwer, I would expect the simulator to be poor as compared to the actual device.  But in some testing that I have done in terms of processing speed and graphics speed, the 0.9.3 actually does better than the host environment.

Developer
decibell
My Device: Playbook

Yea jtegen's right, make sure you're giving it 1gb of ram, and 2 cores for the processor. I'm also noticing a fps decrease from a desktop AIR build. Also keep in mind, it's not like the iPhone simulator (the equivalent would be a desktop AIR build), it's a full blown OS you're running. It's pretty processor intensive.

Cheers,

decibell

----------------------------
Let's turn things up...
New Developer
daniel_wind
My Device: BB Playbook

Hi decibell/jtegen,

Thanks for your input. I'll post any findings in regards to simulator settings.

Cheers,

-------------------------------------
www.danielwind.net

Playbook App:
Grab Da Crab