Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 0.9.3 simulator stuck/frozen on start screen

I don't think it is the problem. I'm using Mac, but I've also setup on a Windows 7 32 bit with no glitches. I'm wondering if you had problems installing those VMware usb drivers, etc... It might be stupid, but I could try disabling USB and sound thing.

Also, I'm assuming you're running the latest VMWare player right? And you did have problems during the Playbook VM installation, right?

(*) Kudo-me if you really think I helped you!
My plug: I'm doing a Mobile Experiment, reported on my Blog: Check it out!.
---------------------------
Paulo Garcia
http://www.mobilecreators.com - Twitter: http://twitter.com/mobilecreators
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I didn't notice any issues during installation of either VMware or the Playbook ISO.  I actually just tried reinstalling VMware (I selected the repair option).  After reading your comment, i tried disconnecting every external device (such as the sound card and disc drive) except the network connection (I assume that's needed to debug).  I tried resetting the machine after any of these changes and there hasn't been any progress.  I'm thinking about trying to reinstall VMware fully.

I am running the latest VM software as far as i know.

Developer

After full uninstall and reinstall of VMware, it started working again.  I don't know what made the difference, but thanks for all your help!

My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: N/A

I had been struggling with this issue for two days, and trying all recommendations on the forum. After giving up attempting to get this to work on my Windows 7 machine, I moved to my windows XP machine. Still no luck. After randomly just changing settings I found a fix that worked for me on both computers:

File > Player Preferences > uncheck Help Improve VM Player.

It now boots consistantly. Hope this helps.

Contributor

It worked for me to add the 2 cores and 3D support on the 0.94 simulator. Thanks!