Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook

Re: 0.9.4 simulator stays in black screen forever during start up

@

Please use plain text.
Contributor
michaelp7
My Device: None

I had the same issue. I left the first install running for over an hour and it just sat at the black loading screen.

Today, I deleted that VM and, using the same 0.9.4 image that I originally downloaded, re-installed it. It was still at the black screen after about 10 minutes, so I reset (Virtual Machine->Power->Reset), and this time it loaded properly within about 5 minutes.

So, yeah, try resetting if the first installation doesn't work.

Thanks everyone! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sproutsoft
My Device: Developer

[ Edited ]

3rd try the charm!

First boot: had 1GB ram, 8GB hd, accel on, 1 processor 1 core. After ~30 minutes still just the Blackberry screen with moving white flare. Shut down, changed setting to 1 proc 2 core after reading this thread.

Second boot: watched the "drive activity" light blink for all of ~20 minutes before it finally stopped. Still at the black screen with white flare moving. Decided I might need to wipe the install and start again with 2 core from the start... but I wanted to give it one last shot.

Third boot: 5 minutes in, BAM! It works, went right to the tablet desktop.

Still not sure if it was the 2 core setting (left it that way for third try) or if it really needed two 20+ minute tries before a good 3rd boot.

Hope this helps someone.  I'm running VMware Workstation 7.1.1 in Windows 7 x64 on a Dual Xeon workstation with 4GB RAM and a fast hard drive.

Please use plain text.