Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
jdolce
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 10.2 Exit

QNXDevice.ane has nothing to do with the Geolocation class.

The Geolocation class is part of the AIR runtime, not QNXDevice.ane.

John if you send me your bar file I will debug it further. I have a Q10 with the same build as issues you reported that I can test. I did do some quick testing with connecting to Geolocation events and things worked fine.

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

I will try to get you something.
Thanks for the insight.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Julian if you happen to know if/how adl.core files can be used to debug crashes, please post the steps/commands and/or a link to any docs/tutorials you know of.  I googled around and was not able to find anything.

Developer
jtegen

Julian told me to not even try to diagnose the adl.core file. Maybe they have internal tools.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
jdolce
My Device: Not Specified

adl.core file is a core dump for the AIR runtime. Even if you were able to read it, it wouldn't make much sense to you because you won't have the source.

Developer
jtegen

Well, I finally found the place to upgrade the Dev C device to version 10.2.0.1445. I download the apps with the problem and they worked fine. From there, I was able to then upgrade the OS to 10.2.0.1793. Try running the same app, and it fails like people have been reporting.

I recompiled everything to AIR 3.5 and SDK 3.2.1 and that runs fine on 10.2.0.1793.

What ever the issue was, it was an AIR runtime issue that found some incompatibility and stopped working fully. May never know what the issue was.

Even tested a side load of a signed version and that worked fine.

Signing and uploading for the next few days.