Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
streak81
My Device: 9930, PlayBook

Re: 2011 BlackBerry® Developers Challenge

My wIfe said mine just arrived... willl have to wait until i head home to open it up.  I really wish they had one of the newer devices like the 9900 series for these contests, but maybe they will for other upcoming contests! :smileywink:

Developer
greg209
My Device: Playbook 16Gb

I had my confirmation entry on the 29th April as well - no word yet on whether I was in the first 100. What is strange though is that I received the initial challlenge e-mail on the 29th as well, but people have reported receiving the confirmation e-mail earlier than this - probably just a timezone thing. 

I just probably missed out. Oh well, I'm stil enjoying the free Playbook

Well done to those that managed to be in the first 100.

Greg

Visitor
Revelate
My Device: Playbook

I won one of the free 100 phones, does anyone know if these are locked to AT&T or if you can use them wherever you want?

Developer
turtle-dev
My Device: Torch

Phones are unlocked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My PlayBook Apps
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

I sent in my entry and received confirmation about 10 minutes before RottenOgre, but have heard nothing from TMG Ideas.  My AIR app was approved for the PlayBook offer but I didn't release it for sale at the time, due to concerns about not having tested it on a real device.  The rules don't make it explicit whether the app actually has to be posted for sale on the date you submit it for the incentive phase of the contest.  I wrote to TMG for clarification this evening; we'll see.  Would be nice to have a BB handset to work on BB/PB companion apps.

Developer
tensioncore
My Device: Bold 9900/Z10 Special Edition

[ Edited ]

I registered for this months ago on the day it opened for submissions, and I got a Torch! And my first App (ShortenThis!) is going to be featured in the PB APP World Carousel starting tomorrow for a week!

EDIT: I found out I qualified for the contest, and in fact was one of the first 100 on Thursday, I got my Torch via FedEx on Monday!

CEO/Lead Developer - Tensioncore™ Design Studios
http://tncr.ws/ - ShortenThis!™ for Blackberry Playbook | ShortenThis!™ for BlackBerry® 10
The Periodical Toe A highly informative Table of Elements
DrawThis! A fun drawing app for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™!
http://www.tensioncore.com/ - Tensioncore™ Web Hosting
Developer
vaiomike
My Device: Playbook

Question to any of the lucky 100: do you know whether RIM provides a warranty for this free device?

(I couldn't find such information. However, on the other hand the Playbook came with a 1-year warranty if I remember correctly - that's why I'm asking).

---

Playbook app: Fuel Dashboard

Contributor
zielaq
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 LE #01763, BlackBerry Playbook

Does anyone know anything about the first 100 people in webworks category ?? 

Maybe someone has got any information?

Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

I've received official conformation today for being one of the first 100 among WebWorks apps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development