Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
AppStoreLover
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: other

Re: 3 days left PB where are you?

[ Edited ]

I assume about 10,000 developers were eligible for the offer. That is a big shipment.

Perhaps they are delaying it so that retail availability will not be affected or may be these units will act as a backup. :mansurprised:

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

lol 10,000 developer units? that's a little bit of an exaggeration :smileyhappy:

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Umm what? They're only launching with 3000 apps. Considering the average dev probably did 2 apps, you're looking at about 1500 free playbooks. is that really that much to coordinate?

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
XoomMan
My Carrier: verizon

JRab wrote:

AppStoreLover wrote:

May be they are intentionally delaying so that we won't ruin the excitement of retail buyers by bragging about getting it for free. :mansurprised:

You mean all those playbooks they gave out for free last night wasn't enough? :Rolleyes:

I hope they send us our PlayBooks in those cool BlackBerry bags. LOL  Blackberry PlayBook New York Launch Party

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

@XoomMan: How about just the BlackBerry bag? :Shifty:

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
AppStoreLover
My Carrier: other

[ Edited ]

Wow! I would love to recieve the PlayBook in the Blackberry bag. Delayed shipment would not even bother me much in that case.

Please use plain text.
Developer
KenSalmon
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Bell

Whoever has the job of enforcing the Cone of Silence at RIM will be getting a nice bonus this year, for excellent performance on the job.

Please use plain text.
Developer
XoomMan
My Carrier: verizon

JRab wrote:

@XoomMan: How about just the BlackBerry bag? :Shifty:

No No Don't give RIM any ideas. LOL

Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

I was really hoping to have mine by today. Now there is no chance that my applications will have been tested by the device goes on sale to the general public. Personally that makes me a bit nervous.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
ShimmyShine
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I know one of the guys who went to the NY party and got a PB for free there.. He tried downloading both of my apps and neither installed.  But on my 0.9.4 they worked perfectly fine.  This immediately makes me think that mine aren't going to be ready for public release and I could have them fixed by now had the PB's been shipped.

Disappointing ... :Wacko:

Please use plain text.