Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

AIR SDK 3.1 required? Where to find valid version?

I went to install a BAR in the PlayBook simulator that was converted from an Android APK using the Tablet OS Graphical Aid.

It installed but when trying to run i am prompted with:

"This application requires Adobe AIR.

To continue, install Adobe Aior on this device"    ..  which I cannot.

I assume this is because I had made the APK from the AIR 3.2 SDK.

So, I downloaded what was supposed to be a valid 3.1 SDK and tried to use the Manage SDK  under Help in CS6.

It tells me it is not a valid SDK.

Slap!

I compare the folder to the 3.4 and 3.2 version I have installed and it is missing the  airsdk.xml  file.

Where can I find a working SDK 3.1 ?   If in fact that is what I need to do?

I have tried this one: http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived-air-sdk-version.html

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: AIR SDK 3.1 required? Where to find valid version?

You cannot install the Android version of AIR on the PlayBook because (among various reasons) it contains  native code.

But the PlayBook has its own excellent AIR runtime. Just install the PlayBook AIR SDK, open Flash Builder, choose BlackBerry as a deployment target and package your app directly for the PlayBook. No Android emulation is needed, and you'll probably find your app works quite a bit smoother.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer

[ Edited ]

Wait, I may have screwed up and used the Android 3.4.

Will try again now.

Developer

Ok, what i tried to do was use the Grphical AID to produce a Bar from an existing APK that was produced using the AIR Android 3.2 SDK.

That is when I got the warning stating that air needed to be installed oin the simulator.

Are you saying that that cannot be done?

That aside now, I have just used the Desktop SDK 3.2 and created a BAR  but it wil not install.

I get this warning:  

result::failure 533 Application-Requires-System: version forbidden, want (10, 0, 4, 0) have (2, 1, 0, 560)

Any idea on that one?

Developer

I have gotten past that 533 error.

I reinstalled the Simulator.

I am back to square one..

BAR files created from AIR SDK 32  or  3.4  will install in the Sim ( PlayBook & BB10 )  but will not fire up.

The same Sim with no changes happily accept and deply apps created from previous version of the AIR SDK.

2.5 for example.

However, I am still stuck with the same issue.

How can I install AIR SDK 3.1 to work with Flash Pro CS6?

Preferrably using the Manage SDK Utility which is built in.

Still assuming here that by using SDK 3.1, I will be able to make BAR files that work in the Sim.

Developer

I'll keep going with this.

I managed, with some fighting, to get an AIR 3.1 SDK installed.

I added a descriptor in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\Common\Configuration\Players folder.

I am not sure if it was needed but I temporarily disable the 3.4 version and added the 3.1 in the Manage SDK utility.

I added 3.4 back afterwards.

The app descriptor needed to be changed and various things deleted.

Supported Languages for example.

I basically deleted everything I could for now and will add them back one by one and looking for errors in the Graphical AID. That is where I received the SupportedLanguages not supported warning.

In the end, the app is building and installing and even firing up.

It is gibbled and does not work properly but its a start.

Someone with more knowledge than myself on the matter will laugh no doubt at what will most likely turn out to be an easy fix.

However, I am one step closer to the fire.