Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

AIR Wish List

With BB10 SDK nearing completion and BB10 being released in a few months, we can expect BB10 to move to the PlayBook early next year, I wanted to start a "wish list" thread of things the AIR community might want to see for the coming year.

I'll start it out:

• Current AIR runtime (3.3/3.4) that supports stage3D
  • ANE support for core NDK services (PIM, Sensors)
  • More samples of SDK API
Regular Contributor
Vemilyus
My Device: 1st Gen BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB (Gift from RIM :D)

Re: AIR Wish List

Very good, but I would prefer 3.4 over 3.3 and there is a sample of a BPS powered ANE (https://github.com/blackberry/Community-APIs-for-AIR/tree/master/BlackBerry10/SampleBPSANE). That means that BB10 has that support.
This is a signature. Don't expect anything fancy, for I would use an image if I could. But I can't, so cope with it...
Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

Integration with Scoreloop and BBM (even if through an ANE)

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Developer
shawnblais
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

My users want to be able to attach their images and send them. So I need:

* Ability to send emails w/ Attachments from AIR

* Ability to post to social API's from AIR (Twitter/FB)

Regular Contributor
Vemilyus
My Device: 1st Gen BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB (Gift from RIM :D)

@shawnblais There already are libraries for everything you need:
http://code.google.com/p/facebook-actionscript-api/ for Facebook
http://wiki.swfjunkie.com/tweetr for Twitter
http://code.google.com/p/airxmail/ for Mails
This is a signature. Don't expect anything fancy, for I would use an image if I could. But I can't, so cope with it...
Developer
shawnblais
My Device: Not Specified

Vemilyus wrote:
@shawnblais There already are libraries for everything you need:

Not really. I want to use native integration. I don't need to run my own mail server when I'm running on a device that could just as easily send it.

I have GoViral ANE's for Android and iOS which provide native Email/Twitter/Facebook integration.

I guess what I'm after is just a way to hook into the native "share" mechanism that you see in BB10...

Developer
jtegen

In BB10, social integration, email, etc are all possible with the invocation framework (and encouraged).
Developer
jtegen

BBM ANE is possible. Should be pretty easy for some of the basic stuff. If someone is going to undertake this, please consider it for GitHub. You will be able to get community assistance with it as well as some assistance from RIM. RIM cannot take this on right now because of limited resources, but problems, bugs, code checks, etc, they might be able to do informally. If it is good ANE implementation (threaded, covers all the APIs) it would have a good change to be included in the core SDK.
If you or someone else is planning on doing this, please start a new thread to capture needs and support. This would be very valuable to the AIR community and was talked about a fair amount during JAM in San Jose.
Developer
jtegen

If people have not heard yet, AIR 3.3/3.4 will be coming to BB10 early (ish) next year. Agreement with Adobe has been worked out. Once needed resources are freed up from core BB10 development, they should be able to move forward on it. Exact timeline is still TBD since it would have to be released with a 10.x release (not a 10.0.x). This is very good news.
New Developer
ZanuZawa
My Device: Red Z10

I just need latest AIR runtime that support stage3D and also new API to access scoreloop from AIR app :smileyhappy: