Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
javierdac
My Device: Developer - Playbook
My Carrier: Personal

AIR and Facebook

. i am trying to set facebook to my AIR Playbook application without success, after following this:
and a lot of diferents tutorials in the net i still getting this error when i am trying to connect to facebook:
TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. at com.facebook.graph.windows::AbstractWindow/showWindow()[C:\Users\facebookGraphApi\desktopAPI\com\facebook\graph\windows\AbstractWindow.as:132] at com.facebook.graph.windows::LoginWindow/open()[C:\Users\facebookGraphApi\desktopAPI\com\facebook\graph\windows\LoginWindow.as:130] at com.facebook.graph::FacebookDesktop/login()[C:\Users\facebookGraphApi\desktopAPI\com\facebook\graph\FacebookDesktop.as:545] at com.facebook.graph::FacebookDesktop$/login()[C:\Users\facebookGraphApi\desktopAPI\com\facebook\graph\FacebookDesktop.as:162] at Fb/handleLoginBtnClick()[C:\SVN\prototype\Fb\src\Fb.as:241] 

There is any problem with this library?
i am using the desktop version
Best 
Javier
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: AIR and Facebook

Hi,

Error #1009 is usually caused when the object isn't loaded yet and you try to access it. Create an event and check whether or not the object exists before executing your next bit of code. 

Dustin

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Please use plain text.