Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook
Accepted Solution

ANE: ExtensionContext always returns null

I followed the tutorial for creating an ANE on the Playbook NDK 1, Adobe page and the knowledge base from this forum but for some odd reason, when trying to init the ExtensionContext with createExtensionContext and the ID from the extension.xml, it does nothing and returns null :smileysad:

adt worked without returning errors, building of the final app also. Only during runtime nothing happens.

Do I have to bundle something special to the app (except the swc which is modified by adt) or should that happen automatically?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Please use plain text.
Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

Re: ANE: ExtensionContext always returns null

I found the solution: the tutorial here is wrong (or at least didn't work for me).

I used Flash Builder 4.6 and the instructions starting with 6 didn't work. Instead of adding the ANE in the "Extra package options" I just added them in the "Flex Build Path" > "Native Extensions" and it worked perfectly. Even adds the extensions-tag to the *-app.xml if you want :smileyhappy:

Hope someone will update the whole ANE creation tutorial soon for FB 4.6 :smileywink:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Please use plain text.