Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

ANE debugging broken in NDK 10.1

We used to be able to debug our ANE's quite nicely in Momentics. No longer with NDK 10.1.0 build v201303191709 (SDK 10.0.10.738) :smileyfrustrated:

Besides a bug preventing ANE source from being outside your NDK workspace, there is another more serious bug that prevents attaching to the running AIR app via an  "Attach to running AIR application with Native Extension"  debug configuration. Attempting to attach, the NDK fails with this:

screen3.png

Can somebody please confirm this behaviour so at least I know I'm not going crazy?

JIRA entry covering both bugs:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-1161

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
CMY
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: ANE debugging broken in NDK 10.1

I've never gotten the connect to running app feature to work so I can't actually confirm there is a bug, though it still doesn't work for me in the 10.1 release. I've always gotten the error that you are seeing. I usually just use print statements and look through the log files to see what was the issue of the app crashes.
Please use plain text.