Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

ASDocs for some qnx packages incomplete?

I was just reading the UI container/layout stuff in the 0.9.2 dev guide, and the debugColor property of the qnx.ui.core.Container class that's shown as part of that narrative doesn't appear in the ASDocs for 0.9.2 SDK.  I then pasted the code into Flash Builder & hit code assist for one of the container instances, and it looks like there's tons of inherited properties that also aren't in the ASDocs.  Is this intentional?  

Hoping we are supposed to be able to browse class properties w/out having to fire up the IDE; especially since some of us may move on to open source tools/commandline flows once our free trials of Adobe authoring tools expire.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: ASDocs for some qnx packages incomplete?

Probably not intentional.  We're still Beta and documentation always lags development.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

The inherited properties are probably intentional. You'll notice the QNX UIComponent extends from flash.display.MovieClip. If you want to see what properties are from MovieClip you should look at Adobe's AS Docs.

There is some QNX stuff which is undocumented, like QNXStageWebView was until recently. And the PPS stuff is still undocumented. But that's separate from stuff which is outside the scope of QNX AS Docs, like MovieClip.
--------
Taylor Byrnes
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

It'd be nice to have (one) asdoc documentation (bundle) supplied that included MobileApplication, View et al., under

...\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\sdks\4.5.0\frameworks\projects\mobilecomponents\

and

...\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\sdks\4.5.0\frameworks\projects\datavisualization\ classes,

etc.