Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

pcm434
My Device: Not Specified

Access to PIM, messaging APIs

Hi all,

Does anyone have any material on how the PIM and messaging APIs will be exposed on the PlayBook? I am of course assuming that these APIs will be available. It would be pretty strange if they weren't since surely these are the main Blackberry enterprise value drivers...

Any ideas? I'm a bit confused as to how one is supposed to develop anything that ties in with the rest of the device if these APIs are not available.

Thanks,

Phil

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Access to PIM, messaging APIs

hey,

the exact method of access on device information such as contacts and calendar events is unclear and not yet available. However during one of the webcasts they mentioned syncing with device information via WebWorks. WebWorks from what i read has access to device data and is a go between for blackberry phones, data on the phones, and the net. Hopefully it will be more clear in the near future.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.