Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
reelportal
My Device: Not Specified

Acoustic Echo Cancellation

Does the Playbook have hardware echo cancellation?  If so, how can it be enabled?

I think Adobe will have it in a future version of AIR, but I would prefer the hardware method, if available, since I believe it would be faster (less delay), and won't consume as much CPU/battery.

Contributor
nirhor_roy
My Device: Blackberry Playbook Os 2.0

Re: Acoustic Echo Cancellation

None has answered the question. I am also having this problem. While simultaneous recording and playback I use a echo cancelling headphone otherwise all sorts of noises appear.

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

BB10 phones are suppose to have this. So once BB10 gets updated to the PlayBook, then it should get it too.
Contributor
nirhor_roy
My Device: Blackberry Playbook Os 2.0

Does the BB10 SDK has any functions available for it right now? any possibility of porting it to playbook?

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

There was a forum dicussing this in how it will be unique. I am certain it is at the lowest level of the device. It should be a part of BB10 when it comes over to the PlayBook, but I doubt RIM would put any resources to getting it over to the PlayBook any sooner then when the whole thing comes over. I would not expect that to occur before early 2013.