Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Super Contributor
JeffLemon
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Ad Mob in a Web View?

Hi,

I want some ads on my playbook AIR apps, the only way I could think to do it was to have a web view with an admob banner in it. Has anyone tried this or something similar?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone
Retired
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Ad Mob in a Web View?

Yes positioning a webview where you want your ad would work :smileyhappy:

Have a look at the QNXStageWebView class - https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/air/apis/qnx/media/QNXStageWebView.html

Also have a look at the BlackBerry Advertising Service here - https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/devzone/appworld/advertising 

Dustin

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Super Contributor
JeffLemon

Thanks for the reply.

Can you youse the BB advertising service with air?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone
Developer
pyth
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane

[ Edited ]

I'm asking myself the same question like JeffLemon. If it is possible to call Google's AdMob service through a StageWebView, shouldn't it also be possible to call BlackBerry's own WebWorks Advertisement API? Actually it would be even better as WebWorks Ads can contain links to AppWorld. Edit: has anyone tried this yet? :smileyhappy: I might give it a try but it would take my next free weekend, which is like in a month

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
New Contributor
SimplifyNow

Some folks have had trouble using AdMob ads in anything but the native implementations provided by Google.  They ban accounts with sites that appear to be mobile web since they no longer allow that.

Another option would be to use HTML-based banner ads, where the network doesn't care where they're shown.  I've used LeadBolt with good success, since their banner ads are pure HTML/Javascript. 

I just made a quick video tutorial on setting an HTML ad up in a WebView using LeadBolt.  Should be portable to anywhere you can load html...

New Developer
dreamz2achieve
My Device: Developer

AdMob does no provide an option for setting up a Blackberry App. Any information on how we can use AdMob for inserting ads in an AIR app created for Blackberry Playbook would be very helpful.

Regards,

Pooja