Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
JimmyO
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Adobe AIR for BB10

Sorry for a basic question re AIR for BB10. I have several AIR apps on PlayBook, and am now going to repurpose them for BB10 phone.  The developer documentation under AIR only refers to PlayBook.  Is the dev process/tools for AIR for a BB10 phone the same as it was for PlayBook?  Is it simply a matter of targeting an existing AIR app to a different screen size and then selecting a BB10 phone device in the App Store to get the app published?  What version of AIR is supported?

Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Re: Adobe AIR for BB10

It's a different SDK for BB10.  At the AIR micro-site there are links for BB10 and PlayBook SDK's:

https://developer.blackberry.com/air/download/

And per the system requirements page:

https://developer.blackberry.com/air/download/requirements_bb10

you want AIR 3.1 ("or higher" but I would recommend you stick with 3.1 until whenever

RIM upgrades AIR support)

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
JimmyO

Thank you. I am making progress in getting the development environment working.  However, is it possible to use Flash Pro (eg CS5.5) ?  I have that working for the PlayBook by linking the libraries in.  Anybody doing BB10 phone development using Flash Pro?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
DachFlach

I use Flash Pro  CS6.

I am focusing on PlayBook at the moment and seems fine - after some initial problems.

Libraries working eg: PaymentSystem.

I did just download the new BB10 Sim and installed succesfully to it.

However, I was not using any BB libraries for that test.

Please use plain text.