Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
agaripian
My Device: Z10 & Dev Alpha C

Adobe Air issues with Leaked OS

Has any one been getting reports of App issues with the Leaked OS 10.2.0.1725

I got a handful of emails indicating that part of of my application is not working in this OS. I was just wondering if any one has encountered this issue?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer of Stocks for Blackberry 10
Retired
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Adobe Air issues with Leaked OS

You're able to test your application on 10.2 with either the simulator or the developer autoloader here - https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_update.html

If it works on this it will should work on later builds of the OS. I'd be very suprised if it doesn't as the AIR runtime does not change.

Out of curiousity what parts of your application were reported not to work? Anything that you find odd?

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Developer
agaripian

[ Edited ]

Dustin,

I downloaded the leaked OS 10.2.0.1725 and installed it onto my Dev Alpha C. I was able to reproduce the issue with the leaked OS 10.2.0.1725 and SDK 3.1.3.  This issue does not exist with the Simulator version 10.2.0.1443

The issue is with the TextInput component. The stack trace is below. Updating my SDK to 3.2.1 resolves the issue below on the leaked OS.

Error: Skin Asset Class with identifier textinput_up does not exist!
	at qnx.fuse.ui.theme::ThemeBase/getSkinAsset()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\theme\ThemeBase.as:74]
	at qnx.fuse.ui.theme::ThemeGlobals$/getSkinAsset()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\theme\ThemeGlobals.as:229]
	at qnx.fuse.ui.skins::UISkin/getAsset()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\skins\UISkin.as:167]
	at qnx.fuse.ui.skins.text::TextInputSkin/getSkinForState()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\skins\text\TextInputSkin.as:44]
	at qnx.fuse.ui.skins::UISkin/init()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\skins\UISkin.as:121]
	at qnx.fuse.ui.core::UIComponent()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\core\UIComponent.as:258]
	at qnx.fuse.ui.skins::UISkin()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\skins\UISkin.as:101]
	at qnx.fuse.ui.skins.text::TextInputSkin()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\skins\text\TextInputSkin.as:24]
	at qnx.fuse.ui.utils::DisplayObjectUtils$/createInstance()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\utils\DisplayObjectUtils.as:51]
	at qnx.fuse.ui.core::SkinnableComponent/setSkin()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\core\SkinnableComponent.as:151]
	at qnx.fuse.ui.text::TextInputBase/init()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\text\TextInputBase.as:660]
	at qnx.fuse.ui.text::TextInput/init()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\text\TextInput.as:232]
	at qnx.fuse.ui.core::UIComponent()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\core\UIComponent.as:258]
	at qnx.fuse.ui.core::SkinnableComponent()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\core\SkinnableComponent.as:77]
	at qnx.fuse.ui.text::TextInputBase()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\text\TextInputBase.as:586]
	at qnx.fuse.ui.text::TextInput()[E:\hudson\workspace\BB10_1_X-AIR_SDK_API\src\qnxui\src\qnx\fuse\ui\text\TextInput.as:217]

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Are you importing the correct ANE? With a new SDK, you have a different set of ANEs. Looks like the skin ANE is missing.
Developer
agaripian

[ Edited ]

I just checked and the QNXSkins.ane is definitley packaged (3.1.1 SDK)... Anyways, I have not changed anything and it only causes an issue on the leaked OS. So it definitley seems to be an issue with the leak and 3.1.1SDK's Text Input control.

Dustin can you confirm?

Retired
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook

Seeing how it's a "leak" I assume it didn't get properly tested and these kinds of problems are expected. Stick with making sure it works with what BlackBerry has provided developers and you shouldn't have anything to worry about..

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/