Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
rajeshchawla
My Device: 9950
My Carrier: at&t

Advertising SDK?

Is it possible to access the Blackberry advertising SDK from AIR?

Regards,

Rajesh

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Advertising SDK?

Hey rajesh,

from what i understand the Advertising SDK is only available through the Java Platform and therefore not applicable to the BlackBerry PlayBook AIR SDK. Although it is available on the phone it is currently not supported on the playbook through AIR. There havent been any talks surrounding the subject either. it'd be a good question to bring up in the next webinar.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rajeshchawla
My Device: 9950
My Carrier: at&t

Unfortunately, I missed the webinar to raise the question.

Any new updates on this front?

Regards,

Rajesh

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey,

yes in the last webinar they stated that an Advertising SDK will be available for the the playbook but never gave a definite time frame. so its in the works but not yet implemented. thats a step in the right direction! :smileyhappy:

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Everything is slipping.

The signing procedures were due 12/15.

New SDK/Simulator - who knows... (weeks ago)

eCommerce for App World, past due.

Advertiseing SDK (ADVSDK) probably after the App World eCommerce SDK (AWSDK).

Boy I hope they dont dump everything on us at the same time.

The clock is ticking...

Please use plain text.
Developer
Wingflap
My Device: Bold 9650 and Playbook 16gb
My Carrier: Sprint

Still waiting for the Advertising SDK for the Playbook.  I'm just about ready to submit my app, but I want to be able to include ads since I'm releasing it as a free app.  I'm hesitant to include Google ads on the Playbook since that just doesn't seem 'right'.

And, as a side note, I wonder how the SDK is going to handle network connectivity detection (WIFI/3G) since Ads need to be requested and delivered online as well as requirements for connectivity to be directed to the ad's online resource.  Once they iron that out, it would be nice for them to share that algorithm. :smileywink:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Approved Apps: Barry Black

Loving my new Playbook!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

We have no word on when this SDK will be rleeased.  If I were you, I would submit as-is and release a new version when this SDK becomes available.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
caneraltinbasak
My Device: Playbook

Nearly two years after this post and still no update on Blackberry Advertising on BB10.

Please use plain text.
Developer
grosssmutttr
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - Limited Edition
My Carrier: *

I'm very proud of my BlackBerry z10 and I also believe that BlackBerry should have more success. The only con is that the customers have to buy nearly every BlackBerry App and that there are less than on Android and iOS.

So I think it is one of the most important issues to make it possible to integrate the advertising sdk in adobe air and webapps.

It is important to prepare everything as the freemium culture wishes...
Please use plain text.