Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: None

After signing the application, I can't export to BlackBerry Tablet OS Release Build.

I can't find the option of "Export to BlackBerry Tablet OS Release Build in the File Menu. Is this because I miss some steps ?

Thank you very much for your reply. Grateful for any helpful replies.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: After signing the application, I can't export to BlackBerry Tablet OS Release Build.

Which IDE are you using? Flash Builder 4.0.1 or Burrito?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Contributor

Re: After signing the application, I can't export to BlackBerry Tablet OS Release Build.

I am using Flash Builder 4.0.1. Thanks for your reply.

Developer

make sure that you have installed the newest SDK 0.9.4 and are in fact using it as your default SDK.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Contributor

I think I am using 0.9.3 as the version of the SDK. So do I have to reinstall the whole developing environment (Flash Builder + Blackberry SDK + Adobe AIR SDK) ? Or I download the new SDK to replace the exisiting one only ?

Thanks for your help.

Developer

hey,

you can just install the SDK without having to reinstall Flash Builder. You might have to run Flash Builder as admin the first time after installing the SDK. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Contributor

Thank you for your reply. However, by upgrading the SDK (to 0.9.4) and the Flash Builder, the problem cannot be solved. Now the Flash Builder Burrito cannot find the BlackBerry SDK as the platform. It can only recognize Google Android as the mobile platform. How can I solve the problem ?

New Developer
My Device: 9700

I am pretty sure I read that after you sign your application you have to change <versionNumber> number in the xml file APPLICATIONNAME-app.xml before you can sign it again.  For example: the application I submitted is "BlackBox" so if I have to sign it again the first thing to do will be to change <versionNumber>1.0.0</versionNumber> to <versionNumber>1.0.1</versionNumber> in BlackBox-app.xml.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

You are correct that once you sign a version, you cannot sign that version again (who knows why).  You hvae to increment it.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

target_platform.jpg

This is my current situation. I can't pick BlackBerry PlayBook as the target platform but I have installed everything in accordance to the BlackBerry Playbook website. I wonder why.

Thanks so much for your help