Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Age Requirement?

Is there an age requirement for receiving the Playbook? I'm under 18 years old and I don't think there would be an age requirement but just to be sure, I posted this up.

Developer
My Device: Playbook

Re: Age Requirement?

[ Edited ]

That is a good question, I don't see it anywhere in the Terms and Conditions.

However, if you look at the Vendor Agreement ( when signing up to be an application vendor for App World ) you will notice this line:

"PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST BE OVER THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER THE LAWS OF YOUR JURISDICTION TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT."

I believe that means over the age of 18 if you are located in the United States.

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

See if your parents can enter into the agreement.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

thanks for the replies! Smiley Happy

Developer
My Device: PlayBook?
My Carrier: WiFi

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I remember seeing somewhere on one of forms where it gave the option for parents/guardians to accept for you, if you are not of age, so it shouldn't be a problem for you.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900/Z10 Special Edition
My Carrier: Rogers

Not to mention you need to own a registered business to become a vendor.
CEO/Lead Developer - Tensioncore™ Design Studios
http://tncr.ws/ - ShortenThis!™ for Blackberry Playbook | ShortenThis!™ for BlackBerry® 10
The Periodical Toe A highly informative Table of Elements
DrawThis! A fun drawing app for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™!
http://www.tensioncore.com/ - Tensioncore™ Web Hosting
Developer
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

Not to mention you need to own a registered business to become a vendor.

Not true, you may be a regular person and register yourself in AppWorld, you don't have to have registered business. You will be displayed in lists under your name, as an coding artist.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Developer
My Device: PlayBook?
My Carrier: WiFi

I currently registered as an individual because I don't have the documents they want for a business, but if I get those documents, can I switch over my account details to be that of my business or would I have to open an entirely new account?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900/Z10 Special Edition
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Hey gluth, thanks! I didn't know you could register without a business! Now I know!

and, RottenOgre, I'm sure it wouldn't be a difficult process, you could probably just contact the AppWorld support guys and let them know you've started a business, and I'm sure they would help you right out!

CEO/Lead Developer - Tensioncore™ Design Studios
http://tncr.ws/ - ShortenThis!™ for Blackberry Playbook | ShortenThis!™ for BlackBerry® 10
The Periodical Toe A highly informative Table of Elements
DrawThis! A fun drawing app for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™!
http://www.tensioncore.com/ - Tensioncore™ Web Hosting
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

np BTW It was real fun to conform my identity with notary in country which is driven by civil law (it is required to register as vendor), I have made a notary conformed statement that during making of statement I was alive and got the same name as on my ID card Smiley Very Happy

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications