05-19-2012 05:00 PM - edited 05-20-2012 08:32 AM
I am having a really strange issue.
I have made several apps for BB Playbook and successfully deployed them to the market. But suddenly I am not able to build a simple app anymore.
- I made a new AS mobile project in FB 4.6 and did nothing. So, no code just an empty project
- I changed the blackberry-tablet.xml to:
<!-- Name of author which is used for signing.
Must match the developer name of your development certificate -->
<!-- Unique author ID assigned by signing authority. Required if using debug tokens -->
<!-- <authorId>ABC1234YjsnUk235h</authorId> -->
<!-- The category where the application appear. Either core.games or core.media-->
<!-- <category>core.games</category> -->
<!-- The icon for the application which should be 86x86 -->
<!-- The splashscreen that will appear when your application is launching. Should be 1024x600. -->
<!-- <splashscreen>helloworld-splash.png</splashscreen> -->
<!-- The permissions requested by your application. -->
<!-- <permission>record_audio</permission> -->
<!-- <permission>read_geolocation</permission> -->
<!-- <permission>use_camera</permission> -->
<!-- <permission>set_audio_volume</permission> -->
<!-- Fourth digit segment of the package version. First three segments are taken from app
description versionNumber tag. Must be an integer from 0 to 2^16-1 -->
Also nothing special I gues?
- Than I filled in a few vars of main-app.xml (id, filename, name, versionnr (0.0.2), label and copyright)
- I compiled the project to a release version and digitaly signed it with FB. This all goes fine and FB sais I'm authorized
- Finally I put the .bar on my playbook with GraphicalAid. Logs:
Result: Info: Sending request: Install and Launch Info: Action: Install and Launch Info: File size: 26431 Info: Installing Main.gYABgCmrUHK9DcE6lKeFhVM9O00... Info: Processing 26431 bytes Info: Progress 100%... actual_dname::Main.gYABgCmrUHK9DcE6lKeFhVM9O00 actual_id::gYABgCmrUHK9DcE6lKeFhVM9O00 actual_version::0.0.2.4 result::success Info: Launching Main.gYABgCmrUHK9DcE6lKeFhVM9O00... result::14856225 Info: done
Its installs correctly and shows up on the playbook. But when I launch it, it shows the splash screen and crashes. Immediately.
So could anybody please explain me what I'm doing wrong or overseeing?
- I have rebooted the device because I read somewhere it could help, still no luck.
- I have uninstalled the app, updated the playbook to latest version and reinstalled the app. Still no luck.
I think it has something to do with the certificates, because the project code is nothing special. But than I find it extremely weird that I can digitaly sign it using FB and install it using graphical aid without any errors. Anybody has a clue?..
Ok, I have figured it out. The problem was the SDK. When I compile my test project with Flex 4 SDK, it works. But when I compile the same project with flex4 & Air 3.2 it crashes. Logical because the playbook doesn't support air 3.2 at the moment.. Please guys of RIM Bring Stage3D to the Playbook. You will need it!