Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
scootero1211
My Device: Not Specified

Am I allowed to sell my free BlackBerry Style?

I recieved the free BlackBerry Style from the offer today. Are there any rules or laws against selling it? I don't have Sprint, so I can't use the thing.

Developer
ChanneledDan
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Am I allowed to sell my free BlackBerry Style?

I just got mine too. I think I'm in a worse situation than you, since I'm in Canada and Sprint isn't even an option for me. Mine has a sticker on the back of the phone which is pretty clear, since it says "not for sale or lease."

--------------------------------------
PlayBook Apps: EveryDay Converter
New Contributor
scootero1211
My Device: Not Specified

Well, mine has that sticker too, I thought that meant that RIM wouldn't sell the evaluation hardware...

Developer
TheDarkIn1978

ChanneledDan wrote:

I just got mine too. I think I'm in a worse situation than you, since I'm in Canada and Sprint isn't even an option for me. Mine has a sticker on the back of the phone which is pretty clear, since it says "not for sale or lease."

it won't work on any canadian networks?

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Developer
ChanneledDan

TheDarkIn1978 wrote:

ChanneledDan wrote:

it won't work on any canadian networks?

The details (terms and conditions) for the Style giveaway promotion specifically said the devices are locked to the Sprint network, which does not exist in Canada. So I'm pretty sure that means I can't just take it to Bell or Telus and activate it on either of those networks unfortunately.

--------------------------------------
PlayBook Apps: EveryDay Converter
Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook

Some carriers sell it in Canada or so the interwebs tell me.
Developer
turtle-dev
My Device: Torch

The details (terms and conditions) for the Style giveaway promotion specifically said the devices are locked to the Sprint network, which does not exist in Canada. So I'm pretty sure that means I can't just take it to Bell or Telus and activate it on either of those networks unfortunately.

Perhaps you can get the Style unlocked from Sprint.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My PlayBook Apps
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style

I am pretty sure the offer said if you are not able to use it on Sprint, you can trade it to your friend or a family. Now you define who is your friend and trade it with them :smileyhappy:

Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook

I need a testing device and could be someones "friend" but I am pretty cheap since I don't really have any need for it as a phone

New Developer
ljdarten
My Device: curve

I could use one and could/would actually use it as my phone. But I'm pretty broke, so I doubt I would be able to offer you enough for it.

I would think it wouldn't be a big deal to sell it. good luck.