Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Android on Playbook

That's a memory and disk space killer.  Do hope that changes.

Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

Yah, it apparently was pretty awful to use
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style

did i miss something? Are they demoing Android in their roadshows?

Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

No, I heard it on thisismynext podcast.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
seasonw
My Device: Not Specified

I agreed with GoldenJoe to against supporting Android apps on the PlayBook.

If PlayBook supports android apps well, I as a developer might as well developer Android apps will do, what for I spent my time on PlayBook SDK? PlayBook app FOR PlayBook device only, whereas Android app FOR Android + PlayBook devices. Sooner or later, buying a PlayBook had no difference compared to getting an Android device, same apps available. 

Trusted Contributor
grissom
My Device: Tour alarm clock

i know, android like itunes appstore is vast but it will be nice to waste away the day exploring the android market on the playbook, PBs interface is a pleasure to use but as is there is SO LITTLE TO EXPLORE other than the net, its a few swipes and youre done.
From an Apple or Android device