Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
michaelp7
My Device: None
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Any chance of Vendor Portal approval today?

ajerman wrote:

Sounds like they are moving fast to try to get everyone approved in time for the offer. All you can do is cross your fingers and hope they get to yours in time. It took mine around 24 hours a couple of days ago.

Thanks for that, it's good to hear that it's going fairly fast... I sure hope that it takes less thank 24 hours today though... :smileyhappy:

LoganSix wrote:

I used my driver's license, front and back in a pdf file back to the e-mail address.

So, I think you still have to wait for the request for verification.

Thanks for the info. I'll get my driver's license scan prepared in the meanwhile...

Mike

Please use plain text.
Developer
LoganSix
My Device: Z30, PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

You can try to pre-send it, I guess just try to add some extra information so they know who you are and where you are at in the process.

Here's the e-mail address.

BlackBerry App World Requests -  BlackBerryAppWorldRequests @ rim.com

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I think he said he registered as a business.  I know the process has changed, but in the Fall, they wanted the business license, and articles of incorporation and a photo ID.  Has any one registered as a business since the rules changed?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bvictorio
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Any

I feel that RIM is pretty generous to developers.  There was a rumor that the deadline was extended to April 19th, but then was cleared that it is still today.

The last thing I am thinking that you can do, just in case you don't get the approval tonight, (I am saying in case, but hopefully you will get it.), just package everything up, bar file, your info, app info, images and send them through email to the RIM support email.  Just tell them that you have everything ready, but couldn't get the Vendor approval on time for submission.  So at least they get an email timestamp when they receive it and will be able to make a fair decision whether they should grant you the offer.

Just some crazy thoughts, but I think it won't hurt.  Better than doing nothing.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
michaelp7

[ Edited ]

LoganSix wrote:

You can try to pre-send it, I guess just try to add some extra information so they know who you are and where you are at in the process.

Here's the e-mail address.

BlackBerry App World Requests -  BlackBerryAppWorldRequests @ rim.com

Great, thanks, I'll give that a try!

jtegen wrote:

I think he said he registered as a business.  I know the process has changed, but in the Fall, they wanted the business license, and articles of incorporation and a photo ID.  Has any one registered as a business since the rules changed?

Crud, really? And I thought it'd be easier to apply as a business... :\

bvictorio wrote:

I feel that RIM is pretty generous to developers.  There was a rumor that the deadline was extended to April 19th, but then was cleared that it is still today.

The last thing I am thinking that you can do, just in case you don't get the approval tonight, (I am saying in case, but hopefully you will get it.), just package everything up, bar file, your info, app info, images and send them through email to the RIM support email.  Just tell them that you have everything ready, but couldn't get the Vendor approval on time for submission.  So at least they get an email timestamp when they receive it and will be able to make a fair decision whether they should grant you the offer.

Just some crazy thoughts, but I think it won't hurt.  Better than doing nothing.

That's a good idea, thanks, I'll definitely do that if I don't hear from them in time! Yeah, they've been very generous from what I'm seeing. The thing is, I only found out about this Playbook stuff about a month ago... :\

Thanks so much for the help and support everyone!

If anyone has any info on applying as a company recently (i.e. what info they requested to be sent in), I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Mike

Please use plain text.
Contributor
michaelp7

[ Edited ]

Hey all,

Just got the request for identity verification! :smileyhappy:

As far as the timeline goes so far, I applied at around 12:30pm, and got the identity verification request email at around 3:50pm. That's pretty fast I think, I'm impressed - thanks RIM! 

As for the question of whether it's easier to apply as a business or as an individual, it seems like either one is pretty much the same now, since they removed the notarization requirement.

Just so that people can get things ready while they're waiting for the email, here's what you'll need:

If you are a Company:

• Official documentation to validate your company information (ex. Articles of Incorporation, Business License).  Please scan or return in PDF format.

If you are an Individual:

• A copy (front and back) of an official Government Issued Identification, clearly showing your name and date of birth.
Now, to just wait for Vendor approval. Thanks again everyone! :smileyhappy:
Mike

Please use plain text.
Developer
GoldenJoe
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I'll give them credit where credit is due. I submitted my vendor info at around 2:30, and also sent an email to the address LoganSix mentioned, and RIM actually got me up and running at 5:00 on the dot. Very impressive support.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
michaelp7

[ Edited ]

GoldenJoe wrote:

I'll give them credit where credit is due. I submitted my vendor info at around 2:30, and also sent an email to the address LoganSix mentioned, and RIM actually got me up and running at 5:00 on the dot. Very impressive support.

Just got approved too! :smileyhappy: It looks like emailing them before approval is a potential shortcut... my approval came in a few minutes after yours... :smileyhappy:

Thanks so much everyone. And very impressed RIM -- thanks again for the speedy action on this!

Mike

Please use plain text.
Developer
cycletronic
My Device: Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Platinumtel

Wow, RIM, wow.  That is super amazing.  Although the whole process was a little rocky at first, you have improved it all along the way, and made it faster, and especially on the last day!  Great work!  Kudos to RIM!

----------------
WIP game: Melodaeum
My graphically bland but very useful Morse Code trainer: Speed CW
My graphically attractive but boring game: The Rainstorm
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

jtegen wrote:

I registered at the beginning of December, and even then I didn't require all those things for a business registration.  There were several alternatives offered, but the one I picked was to send only a PDF scan of my Articles of Incorporation.  Certainly no photo ID, and no extra docs.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.