Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
AppStoreLover
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: other

Any more sample code, besides "Hello World"?

[ Edited ]

C'mon RIM :smileymad:

I am particularly looking forward to sample that shows off all the available interactive controls (buttons, lists, tables, everthing QNX supports) and UI elements.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Any more sample code, besides "Hello World"?

[ Edited ]

hey,

yes there is a full rss reader example that shows how to use lists, dataproviders, array, data storage, and the qnxstagewebview component. here's the link:

http://webcast.streamlogics.com.edgesuite.net/audience/auditorium/resource_redirect.asp?eventid=1375...

on a side note though i've noticed most of your posts have been simply negative comments and complaints (unconstructive) and remarks towards RIM and the playbook since day one. i may be mistaken (and i hope i am) but i hope you arent here just to bash on the product and company. i apologize however if im off base. either way i do wish you good luck.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
fnicollet
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

you can also watch the 4th webcast that show the UI guidelines and components:

http://webcast.streamlogics.com/audience/index.asp?eventid=15766542

There are code samples you can download, live examples and explanations so basically enough to get you started.

+1 for JRab on the negative comments but i guess ur nickname says it all

Hope this helps,
Fabien

--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the white star and provide a Kudo!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Don't mean to start a debate here.. my comment on having the examples is that it would be good to have an API showcase app to demo many of the APIs for the following reason:

a. It would be good unit test

b. It would be a nice collection of various APIs and its usage that would be helpful for the beginners. They have a similar thing in Android. 

c. It will also help colocate all the examples spread thru out the documentation.

any thoughts?

P.S.: You may ask why don't i start writing an app..and my answer is i have that in mind..once i finish submitting my App to the market :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

We all need a little patience with this process, the product and the developers at RIM.  If anyone has worked on a project like this knows the incredible pressure they are all under from project managers, OS developers, hardware, SDK developers and even the people preparing documentation.  I doubt they will have much time off during this holiday season.

We're all in this to win and we're all dependent on one another.  It's always a bumpy ride being an early adopter.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

Hey tags,

you got the wrong idea! :smileyhappy:

I have nothing against having sample applications, api tests, etc. In fact i encourage it. I will even post sample applications if a user needs a further look into a situation or API. And every bullet you posted regarding samples, is a great point and i fully back those up. Some people need to see code and see what it does before they can sit down and write their own code. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

My only gripe with the OP was a culmination of all of his prior postings and attitude towards the device. When everyone who does post in these forums, so far, they have posted constructive and respectful posts and we have reciprocated with great replies. The OP on the otherhand continues to bash on RIM and scolding them for making all kinds of "mistakes".

Again i have nothing against everything you posted, just against negative attitudes and down right unconstructive posts. I dont know if i am alone here but thats just the way i feel. A community should be built on a positive attitude and constructive posts if they have something to criticize - because nothing is perfect and we want to hear your side. sorry if i confused you in the first post!

P.S. And with the lack of API documentation, i would be surprised if no one had any questions and asked for samples! :smileyvery-happy:

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!

Please use plain text.
Developer
AppStoreLover
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: other

[ Edited ]

JRab wrote:

hey,

yes there is a full rss reader example that shows how to use lists, dataproviders, array, data storage, and the qnxstagewebview component. here's the link:

http://webcast.streamlogics.com.edgesuite.net/audience/auditorium/resource_redirect.asp?eventid=1375...

on a side note though i've noticed most of your posts have been simply negative comments and complaints (unconstructive) and remarks towards RIM and the playbook since day one. i may be mistaken (and i hope i am) but i hope you arent here just to bash on the product and company. i apologize however if im off base. either way i do wish you good luck.

Where do we open the FXP file? I have Flash Builder burrito installed.

About the comments.. it's my love for the device and my intention to make it better before launch.

Offtopic, I'm a bit disappointed there's not going to be a native C++ SDK.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

BB has said that a native C++/QNX SDK will be made available along with Java (and others).  Its just that the AIR SDK is furthest along.

Please use plain text.
Developer
fnicollet
My Device: Not Specified

To open a FXP file under Flash Builder, use the menu File > Import Flash Builder Project

Hope this helps,
Fabien

--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the white star and provide a Kudo!
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

[ Edited ]

hey,

it wont properly import into Flash Builder Burrito because it was created in Flash Builder 4.0.1. I repackaged the project though and it should run for you. it's atttached to this post.

also regard the comments you show your love for the device in a weird way. but to each their own hah. either way i take back what i said and apologize. happy coding!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Please use plain text.