Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
fishbytes
My Device: Playbook 16gb
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Any one get access to Playbook Beta OS 1.0.6?

[ Edited ]

Blocked email.  It turns out my hosting provider had done something funny to email so I haven't been getting them lately.

Can you please try resending the invite, or if they are generic, can someone else send the message to [removed personal information]

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@fishbytes, read back a few posts to where Zymatic points out we've missed our chance, if we haven't already gotten the invite.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
chall3ng3r
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Z10 LE
My Carrier: UfonePK

I received the invite as well, and I was quickly able to login and add the PIN. But I didn't received the update. I emailed the support guys, and they followed up, asking for PIN again.

Today, I received an email telling me that the beta is over already.

Hmm... too short time for a beta. I hope it doesn't have many bugs.

// chall3ng3r //
--
- Our PlayBook Apps: IdeaPad | EasyCrop | Popcornia
- Free Icon Maker for BlackBerry PlayBook developers | 5900+ icons created and counting
- A Kudo is appreciated if you like my post :smileyhappy:
- My post soveld the problem? Please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Zymatic
My Device: Limited Edition Z10 & Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

chall3ng3r - I believe what the email meant was that it was closed to new participants, not that the actual beta testing period was over.   Atleast thats how I understood it when I read it.

Zymatic

Playbook Apps:
Touch Painter, LinkShrink

BB10 Apps:
NoteToSelf , LinkShrink
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Still worth while to get the PIN assigned correctly. This will allow you/us to get beta versions a week before release in the future. It is good that this is finally in place so we dont get OS updates at the same time as the consumers. But it also points out that once the beta is available, we only have about a week or two to test before the consumers have it.
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

I've read through the topic and I'm a little confused :smileyhappy: I didn't receive an invite either, so here's my obligatory "I didn't get one post."

Seeing as there are no more betas being sent out, can anyone tell me:

1 - Is this topic just for the current beta? Or now that I've replied is it likely I'll get an invite to the next beta?

2 - I already have a Beta Zone account with the same email address. I've added my PlayBook details to my profile, but is this going to be a problem?

Cheers

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Juliopp
My Device: Galaxy Spica (Proud of it) & PlayBook!
My Carrier: Simyo (KPN Spain)

[ Edited ]

Oh, great. I just discovered that I cannot sign up for the beta zone from Spain.

"We're sorry, the application form is not yet available for your country. We are adding new country locations over time. Please be patient as we continue to expand across the globe."

And, I don´t know where to post this, but, it´s been very frustrating.

5 minutes ago, I realized that my forum account hasn´t had the email validated. In fact, no email was linked to my account.

So, I put my email again, and the forum said that "This email has been permanently blocked".

Has this happened to anyone else?

Why do you hate me?

Nice to meet you :smileyhappy:
Do you find this post useful? Then, click the Kudo Star (Kudo Star) down here! Thanks! ; )
Please use plain text.