Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB10-Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

Anyone has AIR-app approved for Built For Blackberry and 10K

Has anybody got their AIR apps approved for ‘Built For Blackberry’ and hence entered the ‘10K Developer Commitment’?

I had applied for one of my games and it was rejected. The QA team was asking to add the Instructions for the game which I was not expecting at all. Ideally the user should play around the game to understand it and the game I submitted is rather simple game.

They also asking to add the game-play for the game, I had developed the ‘Brainvita’ game and also included 8 levels for that. Now I am not sure what else I should be adding to enhance the game-play.

Has anyone have app/game approved for ‘BFB’ that will give me an idea about the features expected, I am aware of the checklist available for BFB. But need a reference Adobe game/app.

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Anyone has AIR-app approved for Built For Blackberry and 10K

A lot of this is occurring this week (B4BB reviews). What the game/app is developed in should not matter for B4BB. I agree that some type of instruction should be provided on the first page of the game. Add an opening page that has the title of the game and a button for "Play" and a button for "Instructions". On the instruction page, add a TextArea or long label that some basic instructions.

I would have to see your game to give any suggestions on game-play. Remember, B4BB will be the best apps on the device that shows off the device. If the game is boring, it might not get approved for B4BB.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your kind response!

I don't have any issue in adding the instructions. However, the beauty of any game is, it should be inutative for the user to play.

Anyways I have added the instructions and submitting it again. Please provide me your email-id and I will share the signed bar, if it is ok.

Thanks again!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

[ Edited ]

Could it be that they mean the GamePlay game engine?

https://developer.blackberry.com/builtforblackberry/documentation/criteria/games.html

"Your gaming app must be developed natively or use a game engine built to run on the BlackBerry 10 platform. Gaming engines that run on BlackBerry 10 include the following:

• GamePlay
    • Unity
    • Marmalade
    • Shiva
    • Unreal

Note that if you use a proprietary game engine, further testing to evaluate the quality of the user experience will be performed." 

Trusted Contributor

If that is the case, does it mean we can not submit AIR apps without using these game engines?

Following is the exact reply which says 'Please review the link provided below, as the gameplay and features do not meet the criteria of the Built for BlackBerry program.' .

The game I submitted is standard 'Brainvita' which has 8 levels I included.

Sangram

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Sangram wrote:

If that is the case, does it mean we can not submit AIR apps without using these game engines?

I specifically asked at the Got Game Port-a-thon if pure ActionScript games could not be certified, seeing that the checklist seems to say you need to use one of those engines. And I was told they *can* be certified.

My app : Get set - Get up!   Get ready for the snooze revolution.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Sangram wrote:

Following is the exact reply which says 'Please review the link provided below, as the gameplay and features do not meet the criteria of the Built for BlackBerry program.' .

The game I submitted is standard 'Brainvita' which has 8 levels I included.

Sangram

Ok as I read the above, it sounds like they are not talking about GamePlay the game engine but rather the general gameplay of the game, fwiw.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

AIR Games will be accepted. That is provided they meet the quality requirements.

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for confirmation.

Would like to know if you have come across any such AIR app approved for BFB. Or if you can get some info from BFB team.

Also are there AIR developers who are considering this and applied for BFB status and 10K?
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I've submitted PicShop and PicShop Lite.

Lite meets the requirements fully, as it uses the Payment service. The full version doesn't really... as it doesn't use any services.

But really, RIM has not given me much to work with in terms of other services we can use to meet elgibility. It seems invocation should be working, but how to test? How to integrate with core OS? I don't really understand the docs...

It seems a bit strange to slap a tight deadline on submissions, and then only give us like 3 services we can use to meet eligibility, with the rest to come later...