Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Anyone have their App approved?

Anyone have their App approved?

Was there any feedback/corrections that would be useful to others?

How long did the process take?

Any rejections & reasons for being rejected?

Please use plain text.
Developer
TheDarkIn1978
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

[ Edited ]

i'm curious about this as well.  ideally, i'd like to have an application accepted to receive a PlayBook, mostly as a development tool but also (of course) because the device looks hot.  anyway, it seems a bit vague whether the PlayBook offer is for application submitted before February 1st (then later approved) or for applications that are both submitted and approved before February 1st.  if the later is the case, it's essential to be aware of and account for a general timespan of the approval process.

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

It is unclear if approval has to be before Feb 1st, but assume so to be conservative.  If you dont have your app in by say Jan 15th, you're probably pusing the deadline.  If people at BB are resonable (which we all know they are), I would expect that there will be a bottleneck near the end of January and I expect that if apps are subitted by the dealine, they would still be considered; but who knows.

I just submitted 3 apps today and a 4th hopefully in a couple of weeks.  I plan on posting any updates as they occur.

Please use plain text.
Developer
streak81
My Device: 9930, PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I submitted my app on Dec 8th and it is still waiting on the test house.  No biggie, as it has only been a week and I usually see approval after 10 Business Days.  I did however receive the following email on December 12th....

Success! You’ve completed the first step toward a free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.

Your app submission has been successfully received by the team at BlackBerry App World, putting you on the road to qualify for the free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet offer. The BlackBerry App World team reviews each app based on the Vendor Guidelines and we’ll notify you as soon as we have determined if your app qualifies for the free tablet offer. When your app is approved, you will receive an additional email notice requesting a shipping address for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.

If you receive notice that your app has not been accepted, don’t give up. You have the opportunity to modify and resubmit that app for approval before the close of this offer.

We will do our best to promptly review each application submission. However, we cannot guarantee a decision within a specific timeframe.  Also, to make your app available for download, there is one additional step following approval. Each app must be “signed” and resubmitted into BlackBerry App World; we’ll let you know as soon as the code-signing system is ready to use.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put into developing an app for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. The opportunities are rich for developers targeting this innovative, professional-grade tablet that’s already generating tremendous interest among users. We’re pleased and excited to have your applications for our launch and look forward to shared success and a long relationship.

Happy coding!

The BlackBerry Developer Program Team

P.S. You are welcome to submit multiple entries for consideration, but only one BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will be awarded per registered vendor in BlackBerry App World.

...Can't wait for approval!

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

BB said that today (12/15) is the day that signing information will be available.  Anyone hear anything or seen external information about this?

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey,

i've been crawling around everywhere including the blogs and no wind of it. i would be surprised if they did meet the intended deadline though. they're probably busy sorting out App World issues first. keep your fingers crossed!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
TheDarkIn1978
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

"You have the opportunity to modify and resubmit that app for approval before the close of this offer.

"We will do our best to promptly review each application submission. However, we cannot guarantee a decision within a specific timeframe."

so are they saying that the submission must happen before February 1st but approval can come later?

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

Dont bank on it.  Be safe and probably have it in by Jan 15th.  But my GUESS is that they will allow submissions to be considered until Feb 1 because they will be getting more and more apps the 2nd half of January, so unless they are staffing up for it, it will be a bottle neck to get them all approved by that time.  Now they said a ten day approval process, but that is under normal circumstances and not having to still work out issues with App World, SDK, simulator and OS.  So the questions for the free PB is "is Feb 1st a submission date or an approval date"?

Please use plain text.
Developer
kdittyr
My Device: Playbook

@streak81 I got that email the same day, I was very excited to see it and am crossing my fingers they like my app enough to approve it for launch. I look forward to the first thread that says: "YES!!! I GOT ACCEPTED!"
--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

according to the last webinar Q&A the submit deadline is Feb 1 not approval. Thats what i remember at least. Hope someone can confirm it.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.