Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

Yes, go ahead and sign and then post for sale.  After approved, the latest version will be available for download.  The original price of the item is what will be seen by the user.

Please use plain text.
Developer
greg209
My Device: Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: n/a

That sounds very sensible - I'll get the it signed and upload a new paid release.

Thanks

Greg

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

@peter.  I am not seeing where in the vendor portal you can delete older versions.  What can yo udo that?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

John, never tried it... I merely assumed it was possible.

How can you not be allowed to pull an older version?  What if it's buggy or insecure?

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

As far as I can tell, you can not delete previous versions.  The newest version just replaces the previous version after approval.  You can "pull" a product from app world, but that would only apply to the current/latest version.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Does that mean that when a new version is posted, nobody can ever download the old one again?  That would, of course, suffice in place of my suggestion.

I'd be very concerned if it was impossible to effectively hide or remove a given version, if it didn't basically happen automatically in some way.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
jaxbot
My Device: Not Specified

My guess is that the previous versions will no longer be available for download, but will still exist, of course, on devices that have not updated. While I'm not positive on this, it's used in most mobile marketplace designs, and I doubt RIM would want people downloading old versions of an application.

Please use plain text.
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

My "Apple Catch" app was approved several weeks ago. I updated the app with minor bug fixes and signed it and resubmited it as a new version on Friday. Today it was approved. Thats a really fast turn-around for resubmissions.

Please use plain text.
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

@peter9477: I just noticed that after my resubmission, App World was automatically updated with my new version. I didn't have to repost it for example.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

I'm curious why you would want the consumer public have access to older versions.  A new version is there for some applicable reason (bugs, enhancements).  Probably good practice for everyone is to have some kind of version control.  Worse case, keep copies of the BAR files for each uploaded release (e.g. MyApp_120.bar).

In the case where a new version is to support a new version of the OS, the upload allows you to target the platform and version.  So those with "older" devices would still be able to get to the proper version for thier OS.

Please use plain text.