Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
TheDarkIn1978
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

[ Edited ]

dmbproduction wrote:

There aren't many "animations" at the moment" didn't want anything to break on me while rim was doing there testing. But the final product that's available on the Playbook should have some more eye candy.

i don't think animations would break, although the native tween engine is certainly a handful, especially with more complex animation sequences.

every AS3/AIR developer should at least check out Jack Doyle's tweenign platform.  it's truely amazing.

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Contributor
gulrich666
My Device: Not Specified

OK, now I'm frustrated and worried.  Submitted my app on December 27, it has been waiting on test house ever since.  At the time, I was supposed to submit and then later, when signing became available, sign the app.  Great.  I requested my signing keys on Monday morning.  It says it will take two days.  On Thursday I opened a ticket because I still have nothing back to let me sign.  The automated email says they'll get right back to me.  24 hours later, no help on the ticket, no signing keys, no happiness.

This is brutal.  Did everyone else take several days to get set up for signing?  Seems like something that should be automated and happen in about 5 minutes.  I wish it were like Android where I generate and manage my own keys. 

Developer
ddluk
My Device: Z10 and Z30

@gulrich666

Check you spam folder. That keys always land there :smileyhappy: It takes about 10 hours during week to get them, and about 2 days when requesting during weekend.

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Many people seem to have their responses dumped into a SPAM folder by Gmail or whatever they use.  Some have even found it there a week later only after triple-checking.

As for Android, if what RIM is doing here prevents or reduces the piracy and similar problems that apparently plague the Android market, we should consider this all a necessary evil.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
gulrich666

Thank you for the help.  Yes, the keys went in my gmail spam folder.  I can't remember ever having another non-spam email go in the spam folder.  Neato.

Now my frustration continues.  5 days later, I thought I knew my PIN but I guess not because I got some HMAC error when I try to register the keys.  Brutal.  Back to square zero with another key request.  This time I'll be actively watching the spam folder on Monday.

I have to admit that I am struggling to see how this process will result in any improvement over the Android environment.  I do see how it will be one more minor irritant deterring hobby coders from being interested in this platform when there isn't a free playbook on the line.  As a Canadian, I hope that I'm wrong or that hobby programmers just don't matter to the success of a platform.  I want to see RIM thrive.  Oh well, enough off topic rambling from me.

Thank you for the very useful tip to check the spam folder.  Much appreciated.

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

I haven't yet tried to sort out the details of how this whole process works, but I doubt that an "HMAC error" would be what results from having the wrong PIN.

Maybe if you post the error here (sanitized as appropriate) you'll figure things out sooner than if you just wait for new keys, try again, and probably get the same error because it's related to something else you're doing wrong.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer
killerspaz

@gulrich666 we feel your sentiment, don't give up! And don't take it lying down! Reach out to the proper communication channnels and voice your opinion. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Developer
studiochris
My Device: BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Greensock Tweening Platform is very good; just be aware of the licensing required if you plan to charge for your app. http://www.greensock.com/licensing/

Contributor
Fran711

Wow, after reading some of the turnaround times, I was really dreading the wait time.  But I submitted my app March 1st and just got the approval letter ( the one that says put your app up for sale ), today, March 5th.  Awesome.  I was freaking out about not doing something obvious right since this is my first app ever lol.  

Good Luck all!

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

congrats Fran, what type of App did u submit? AIR or WebWorks?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman