Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
kdittyr
My Device: Playbook

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

Ugh...  I have no idea what to do.

I signed and resubmitted my application a week and a half ago, and it was approved within 48 hours.  I am certainly concerned by this email, but I agree that it was either sent to everyone ( minus Tags07 ) or to everyone who previously had an unsigned application in App World.

I am fairly sure that I signed it correctly...  and this email has me second guessing myself.  I looked at previous threads stating that a signed app will have four files in a specific folder.  Right now I don't remember what the file names were, but I went through the list and had each and every file which seemed to indicate that I had properly signed the application.  My initial investigation seemed validated by RIM because they approved my resubmitted "_signed" application.

For now I have pulled my app from sale.  I will continue to watch this thread and I guess I will go back and re-sign and submit v1.0.2.

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Please use plain text.
Developer
dooglehead
My Device: Playbook

I also never got that message.  I did put "_signed" at the end of the file bundle when I submitted the signed version.

Please use plain text.
Developer
nobleRobot
My Device: Free Playbook!

Hot off the wire:

Sorry for the confusion.

If your PlayBook application was already signed and then approved by App World staff and is currently up for sale then please disregard the email below. If your PlayBook application is not signed then please read below as we are eager to have it launch with us.

For more information on the signing process please visit: http://devblog.blackberry.com/2011/02/blackberry-signing-tool/

Sincerely,

BlackBerry App World Team

mark-lacroix.com | Operators: the game with two sides
Please give me Kudos if I've earned it!
Please use plain text.
jakoby4204
My Device: .

Let me flag this to the administrators to validate the legitimacy of these e-mails so that you guys can rest easy.

Jakoby4204                                                                                                                          New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png
Please use plain text.
jakoby4204
My Device: .

nobleRobot wrote:

Hot off the wire:

Sorry for the confusion.

If your PlayBook application was already signed and then approved by App World staff and is currently up for sale then please disregard the email below. If your PlayBook application is not signed then please read below as we are eager to have it launch with us.

For more information on the signing process please visit: http://devblog.blackberry.com/2011/02/blackberry-signing-tool/

Sincerely,

BlackBerry App World Team

lol, looks like you got your answers. If there is still questions, i can forward this to the attention of the Admins.

Cheers.

Jakoby4204                                                                                                                          New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

this is why you da man jakoby! :smileyhappy:

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
robertsteven192
My Device: Playbook (sim)

is it required to put the _signed at the end of the .bar file? im so confused on if i submitted my file properly... how do i check if it was properly signed and what would i need to put the _signed in??

My PlayBook Apps -------- My Apps
Please use plain text.
Developer
dmbproduction
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

I don't know if it is required but I did it just to be safe, I didn't want anything to hold up the testing of my application. As for the _signed question when you upload your file thjrough the vendor portal your asked to name the file, this is where you would add _signed.... To confirmed if you file was signed properly you can rename the bar to zip and extract. I believe someone had mentioned that the signing process add 4 files to it. If you signed it through the command line you should be good to go... If not this thread may help for both the signing and verifying http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/HOWTO-Sign-your-Applications-from...

Good luck,
David
David

Twitter: dmbproduction
Playbook App: Food Journal
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
robertsteven192
My Device: Playbook (sim)

thanks! yeah i signed through the command line and i actually have 5 files in my .bar... 2 author 2 rdk and 1 manifest... i was just curious about _signed because i saw some people saying they added it to the file so i got to questioning haha but anyways.... thanks!

My PlayBook Apps -------- My Apps
Please use plain text.
Developer
dmbproduction
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Awsome!... Yeah I resubmitted my app with the _signed just to be safe, took two seconds and probably save me some frustrations down the road. Good luck with the submission. Hope the approval process goes quickly!

Cheers,
David
David

Twitter: dmbproduction
Playbook App: Food Journal
Please use plain text.