Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
gpatton
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

[ Edited ]

@Wailord and killerspaz

Any idea when the "expiration" of that address request is? I was thinking of delaying it until the end of March to get a better idea of where they can send it. If I can delay sending them the address then maybe until April 15, then I know for a fact, that I'll get it to my address.

All my friends are graduating this year, and leaving for home :smileysad:

Sucks being a university kid. Otherwise I would have sent it to them!

thanks anyways....and good luck to you guys!

G

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

@gpatton, can't you just sit on that email for a while?  It's not like any of them will be shipped in the next couple of weeks, and quite possibly not until well after Mar 31, or even Apr 10.

I don't think there's a risk that if you don't send back the shipping email quickly, they'll withdraw the offer. :smileyhappy:  Pretty sure at some point they'd send a followup saying "we still don't have your shipping address".

So I'd wait, and nearer Apr 15 just use the new address, unless they announce, release, and ship much more quickly than anyone expects.

Edit: David pointed out that there's a time-limit on replying to the shipping email!  Ignore my suggestion... too risky.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
yamalight

If it's interesting to anyone, got my free playbook e-mail today (app was approved at friday, so it took 3 business days). App's now published at store: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/31376
Please use plain text.
New Developer
killerspaz

@yamalight, nice! I'll be usin the hell out of that! SoundCloud ftw!

Please use plain text.
Developer
RufusA

In my case I submitted 2 free apps within a hour of each other on 26th Feb, both AIR both using QNX classes and both signed.

Both went to "Waiting on Test House" within a minute of each other on 28th Feb.

The second simpler app (something quick and dirty "just in case") was approved on the 6th March.

Free playbook email a couple of days later.

The first app is still Waiting on Test House.

This possibly errenously leads me to believe there are at least two levels of testing.

The first step is semi-automated and checks for any error messages, unexpected CPU spikes, memory leaks, digital rights issues, whether it plays nicely with other apps etc. If it passes with flying colours it can go straight to approved stage.

If however anything is flagged up then it joins the queue for a more labour intensive testing process. Here someone has to identify the cause of what was flagged up and whether it's a real error, OS issue etc.

In my case I wonder if the use of sound in my first app flagged up a problem which now needs someone to look at it with a later version of the OS/Simulator/Real Playbook.

As others have said I'm not that worried, but it does hurt the pride a little that something quick and dirty you knocked up is in the app store, yet something you spent lots more love and time on has potentially "failed".

Rufus.

Please use plain text.
Developer
dmbproduction
My Carrier: The one I'm on

@gpatton I believe the terms of the free playbook offer state that you have 20 days to respond otherwise your free playbook offer can be revoked

5.2 If, for any reason, the Eligible Participant cannot be reached using the email address provided within twenty (20) business days after the initial email is sent, Eligible Participant’s entitlement to a Device will be forfeited.

Free playbook conditions

David

Twitter: dmbproduction
Playbook App: Food Journal
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Carrier: Verizon

Since many here did not find emails from RIM because they were in the spam folder, this is a dangerous way to miss out on the free playbook because of the numerous email addresses being used from RIM.

RIM:  What are all the possible domain names emails could come from so people can whitelist them?

Please use plain text.
Developer
dmbproduction
My Carrier: The one I'm on

The Free playbook offer for me came from "The BlackBerry Developer Program team" with the email address being blackberryplaybookoffer@tmgideas.com ... since tmgideas.com seem to be the ones responsible for the promotion i would add their domain

David

Twitter: dmbproduction
Playbook App: Food Journal
Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara

RIM should send a copy of the email to the inbox of your developer zone account.

Gmail's spam filters are so good that I have never once ever seen any spam in my spam folder.

Which means I have no idea how fast Gmail deletes spam in real life operation.

Please use plain text.
Developer
gpatton
My Carrier: Rogers

thanks everyone for their responses.

Not happy about the 20 day response or forfeit. But I'll live :smileyhappy: haha

Found someone to ship it to.

Thanks

Please use plain text.